Notices

Need it to stick this time

Old 05-15-2018, 03:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This is my first post here. It’s currentky 3:24 am and I’m laying here awake because when I drink, I can only sleep for s few hours. It literally destroys my sleep, but that is just one of many reasons I want to quit. See, I’ve quit many times over the years. I’ve had sober runs for up to 4 years long. That was the longest and now, since marrying 5 years ago I cannot seem to stay sober more than 9 months. Lately— I can’t stay sober more than a few days. I don’t get wasted, but it’s diesnt matter, I don’t want to do this to my body anymore. I am so discouraged. Before I married I was sober for a few years and had really changed my life around. I was super active and fit, and running daily, hiking, walking and practicing yoga also. I had finally found my way to contentment with sobriety. Now I’ve reversed. I gained weight with last pregnancy and can’t seem to lose it all, everytime I start trying to get active I last about a month and fall off, can’t seem to lose weight long term or quit drinking 3-4 glasses of wine each night. I feel stuck in this routine and defeated. I feel very alone.
Old 05-15-2018, 03:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don’t feel alone. You are taking the first step by posting, and saying you want to change.
I so know the feeling of laying awake at 3 am and regretting.. it is terrible.
I’m only at the beginning of day 3. But everything has a day 1. Make yours today.

I also used to be so fit, and ran daily. I aspire to get back into that once I become healthier and stronger.

We gotta stay strong.
Old 05-15-2018, 04:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Rar

Welcome to SR, Yogi. Just this morning, I was thinking about waking up in the middle of the night. I am a poor sleeper anyway and still wake up, but I was thinking how nice it is to not feel that horrible anxiety when I do wake up.

Declaring a Day 1 is very awesome and brave. One day at a time. SR helps many folks stay on the sobriety path and live a sober life. Reading through the threads and posts will give you strength. Stay close. I look forward to reading more from you.
Old 05-15-2018, 04:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang in there. I also had multiple day 1’s, I am on day 2 today. You have achieved 4yrs of sobriety before, so you know you can do this. Cheering for you.
Old 05-15-2018, 04:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ugh nothing worse than those 3am hours of pure, unmitigated anxiety and fear.

I think that, along with the pain I was causing myself and my family and my career and my soul, those all-nighters (even like you say, after just a bit of booze) are what helped me turn the corner to sobriety.

You know better than me what it is to be sober for a long time. I think the older we get the more we pay the piper for our addiction, hope you can come to the sober side of the river soon.
Old 05-15-2018, 04:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcoem sober yogui
when I found SR I could barely make 3 days sober - but I learned a lot here, and found great support.

Still going strong 11 years later.
If I can do this, you can too

D
Old 05-15-2018, 05:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Mine would never stick itself.
After I applied all the duct tape I had, I borrowed some from Dee74, and TomSteve, and Weasel, and DoggoneCarl, and Least, and Anna, and Soberlicious, and Freshstart57, and many others. Together we got that darn thing to stick!

Oh, looky here...a brand new roll of duct tape...

Let's do this!
Old 05-16-2018, 04:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Amazing, I know I can do this. My life and those around are just too important for me to give them up for demon juice. I am taking control of my life right now.