Notices

Last night was rough

Old 05-14-2018, 03:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Last night was rough

Day 2 here.
Shaking finally slow down at about 3 am and I slept for maybe 2 hours. Now I am feeling so nauseous.

I can’t wait to feel better and never do it again. I can’t my husband knows now anyhow.
Old 05-14-2018, 03:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bumblebee2 View Post
Day 2 here.
Shaking finally slow down at about 3 am and I slept for maybe 2 hours. Now I am feeling so nauseous.

I can’t wait to feel better and never do it again. I can’t my husband knows now anyhow.
You made it through day 1!

Having that extra layer of accountability helps make it a priority - especially in the early days.

The feel better is on the way. Hang in there. It's soooo worth it...

B
Old 05-14-2018, 03:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you. I can’t wait to feel good... I’ve dry heaving this morning. Sucks
Old 05-14-2018, 03:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Same here Bumblebee. On day 2 myself and had a really rough night's sleep. We can do this, it will get better.
My husband doesn't know what I'm going through, he has had no idea that I've had more than the occasional one which he thinks I can handle. I'm sick of the lies and deceit, glad your husband knows.
Old 05-14-2018, 03:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Telling my husband was so scary. There was a lot of sneak drinking and lies. He isn’t happy with me, but said he won’t leave me. There is a sense of relief that there isn’t going to be lies anymore.

I’ve tried to do this myself countless times and failed. I need support from him. And he is going to tell my parents too eventually.

Mother’s Day yesterday was the worst day of my life. Eating an orange now and drinking some water.
Old 05-14-2018, 03:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hang in there. It gets better and better with each passing day. You can do it!
Old 05-14-2018, 03:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you for all the replies. It is getting me through each passing minute right now.
Old 05-14-2018, 03:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Rar

Hang in there Bumblebee. You made it through Day 1. Everyone here understands what you're going through, so you're not alone. Continue to stay hydrated. It will get better and the good thing is you will never have to do this again.

Stay close. Keep reading and posting.
Old 05-14-2018, 03:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Minute by minute in early days! Stick close by. It will get so much better!
Old 05-14-2018, 03:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I have some idea of what you're going through Bumblebee. I had nearly 5 years sober when I lost it in 2015 and then followed 3 years of hell. I've told my husband at various points, quit for a little while and then found myself even worse down the hole.

The past year or so I sit away from him so he can't get a whiff of the vodka that's in whatever I'm drinking. Though I confessed and cried on Christmas Day and he said he'd known for a while. Quit again in January, same story.

Convinced him that if I could quit, then I could also moderate. This was more lies as he then saw me drinking the occasional wine but of course I was sneaking off to drink more and more. Rarely made it to bed at the same time as him so I could drink "in peace".

Started drinking in the mornings, at work, everywhere I went. Before 2010 I was a "functional drunk". Now I was failing even to do that. Lost whole days whilst he was away with work. Felt totally and utterly out of control and absolutely hopeless until last week when I found this place. Finally feel some hope and fellowship. Haven't told my husband though because I just don't want to admit it.....again. He would support me I know but I'd rather take the support from here, where others know what I'm going through. He is too easy to hoodwink, even after all I've put him through.

Let's lean on each other huh?
Old 05-14-2018, 04:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by esymarieb View Post
I have some idea of what you're going through Bumblebee. I had nearly 5 years sober when I lost it in 2015 and then followed 3 years of hell. I've told my husband at various points, quit for a little while and then found myself even worse down the hole.

The past year or so I sit away from him so he can't get a whiff of the vodka that's in whatever I'm drinking. Though I confessed and cried on Christmas Day and he said he'd known for a while. Quit again in January, same story.

Convinced him that if I could quit, then I could also moderate. This was more lies as he then saw me drinking the occasional wine but of course I was sneaking off to drink more and more. Rarely made it to bed at the same time as him so I could drink "in peace".

Started drinking in the mornings, at work, everywhere I went. Before 2010 I was a "functional drunk". Now I was failing even to do that. Lost whole days whilst he was away with work. Felt totally and utterly out of control and absolutely hopeless until last week when I found this place. Finally feel some hope and fellowship. Haven't told my husband though because I just don't want to admit it.....again. He would support me I know but I'd rather take the support from here, where others know what I'm going through. He is too easy to hoodwink, even after all I've put him through.

This! This is very simalar to my life. The hiding. The lieing. Sitting in on the opposite couch to hide smells. I would even sleep in the spare bedroom. The promises to stop. The promises to moderate. It is all over now.

And yes! Let’s stidk together and check up on each other. The more accountability I have, the stronger I feel.
Old 05-14-2018, 04:37 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Rar

My husband also had a revelation the other day regarding how I perceived my drinking. We were having an argument and he said something like I shouldn't stop drinking until after (insert event), or that I should just have a couple. I said, "I can't stop once I start - that's why I'm an alcoholic". I've said it to myself hundreds of times, but never came out to actually say 'alcoholic' to him. I'm glad I finally said it.

The days following my confession, he only drank a couple, so I'm hoping he moderates himself a little more carefully, or at least stays away from me.

So after all this, my point is that I'm glad I finally said something, albeit in anger.

HUGS to Bumblebee and Esy.
Old 05-14-2018, 04:47 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by esymarieb View Post

This! This is very simalar to my life. The hiding. The lieing. Sitting in on the opposite couch to hide smells. I would even sleep in the spare bedroom. The promises to stop. The promises to moderate. It is all over now.

And yes! Let’s stidk together and check up on each other. The more accountability I have, the stronger I feel.
Old 05-14-2018, 04:55 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I too lied & tried to conceal my drinking from my husband.

It wasn't until one day when I thought he was at work & was sneaking
A bottle of wine hidden in the depths of the cupboard..that he caught me in the act so to speak.

I thank god every day now that he found out.

I couldn't carry on living in that utter turmoil anymore.

It does get better I promise.

Sending you my both hugs xxx

Ps I'm 80 days in ..it really is possible to drag yourself out of this living hell
Just takes a lot of commitment ...love & understanding ..of our family &
This forum has truly saved my life xxx
Old 05-14-2018, 05:42 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Congrats Roland on 80 days. I aspire to be you in 79. And thank you for sharing your story. It is reassuring
Old 05-14-2018, 06:01 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I can totally relate to everything everyone is writing here. I feel like I am the queen of lying and sneaking and I just can’t do it anymore. I don’t know why I keep doing this to myself. Drank heavily last night and really vowing to get alcohol out of my life for good. Feeling awful right now.
Old 05-14-2018, 06:36 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

How are you doing Bumblebee? Still minute by minute or have things settled a little bit?
Old 05-14-2018, 06:37 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MamaKlaus View Post
I can totally relate to everything everyone is writing here. I feel like I am the queen of lying and sneaking and I just can’t do it anymore. I don’t know why I keep doing this to myself. Drank heavily last night and really vowing to get alcohol out of my life for good. Feeling awful right now.
Yeah - there are lots of us. I have asked myself the same question.... "Why am I doing it?". Because we are addicted, simple and true and it turns us into the worst of people. Hang in there.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:37 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Feeling slightly better now. Went for a walk with dog and daughter... drinking water. I can’t for the nauseousness and shakiness completely subside.
Hoping for a better night sleep tonight and it is only 1037 am here.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:03 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I'm a bit further ahead in the day than you - it's currently 4pm and the evening is looming and with it the desires. Also hoping for a better night's sleep here too.

Rar wrote on my thread "Think of the sweats as the toxins leaving your body and the other symptoms as your body and brain recovering." I like that. It's painful and horrible but it is a sign that it is all leaving my body and that is a good thing. Maybe you can take some comfort from that too?