Notices

The sun will come up tomorrow.....

Old 05-13-2018, 08:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The sun will come up tomorrow.....

I have reached a personal milestone this weekend. On Friday I realized I've been sober for 100 days...I'm not really sure when I stopped counting the days, or when I stopped wishing I was different, or when I stopped thinking about alcohol....but I did. Something has finally clicked inside of my mind and my body, and I am free for the first time in my life.

If I can do this, so can you. Never give up the fight--always get up again if you fall down. You can win this battle over addiction, but please remember...it will be a battle. Know that you are stronger than the addiction! Before you know it your life will stabilize, your old habits will be replaced with new ones, and I guarantee you...the sun will come up tomorrow.

WF
Old 05-13-2018, 09:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Bet your bottom dollar!

Congrats wildflower! 100 days is amaaaaazing!!!

I am encouraged by your share. I am at 70 something days and am waiting for the switch to flip. I'm tired of alcohol always being there waiting in the shadows for me to mess up. I'm tired of being afraid to go see my old co-workers at the bar I worked at. I'm tired of being afraid of all the sober firsts I still have yet to do. Your post gives me hope. Thank you.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really pleased for you wildflower - congrats

D
Old 05-14-2018, 01:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

The sun is shining here and the sky is blue with not a cloud to be seen. Thanks so much wildflower for your post, it's exactly what I needed to hear this morning and I am so inspired and hopeful that I will have that feeling too one day.

Well done and here's to a 100 more!! xx