Notices

Plan

Old 05-13-2018, 04:54 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

We’re still here, Stew. Whatever you are going through, others have also gone through and are here to help if you want it. Things are better over here and you can have that, too.
Old 05-13-2018, 05:10 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I can’t get over the relationship. Can’t get out of the deal for the house until November. Life on hold
Old 05-13-2018, 05:59 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Life doesnt have to be on hold. You are putting your life on hold to drink. Thats what alcohol does. You will quit when you WANT to quit, I dont think you are there yet. You will hit rock bottom at some point Stewie, its inevitable as the ultimate price is your life.

Only you can choose at which floor you want to get off, I just hope its sooner rather than later.
Old 05-13-2018, 06:01 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

You CAN get over the relationship, Stew, you just haven't YET.

And to claim your life is on hold for this arbitary November house-thing is just another way of making an excuse to drink, to put off seeking help, to not try for another few months. It is only as much of an obstacle as you make it out to be.
Old 05-13-2018, 07:21 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I can’t get over the relationship. Can’t get out of the deal for the house until November. Life on hold

horse pucky. November is going to happen regardless of what YOU choose to do during May June July August September and October. your current state is not about a former relationship....that's just what you name the puddle of woe you keep rolling around in. you were drinking during the relationship, during the disintegration and you continue to drink long after the split.

alcohol is the problem, stew.
action is the solution. i'm pretty sure that's been recommended here and in all your other posts over the years.
ACTION.
Old 05-13-2018, 07:24 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stew1984 View Post
i think its more
"i wont do anything to get over the relationship."
life on hold is a choice,stewy.
you cant get out the house deal until november- idk what the point of that is other than one of them"if i just had____________ then i could stop drinking" things.

stewy, it sure reads like ya want magical,mystical, sparkle fartin unicorn recovery to happen- just stop drinkin and BAM- life is wonderful!!!
that aint gonna happen.

beings how the 90 in 90 didnt even make one in one i hope rehab is now viable and you will make the decision to start setting it up.

theres MANY threads here from people that went to rehab and said
"why didnt i go sooner!?!?!?!
Old 05-13-2018, 08:57 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Agree with all the advice and don't have much to add. Yet again a lot of in depth responses have been given to you in this thread, but your replies imply you're not even reading the responses as nobody is saying what you 'want' to hear, just what you 'need' to hear.

You are obviously posting in this forum for 'some' reason. I think you just aren't getting the replies you want. All replies say 'take action'. You said you will take action by 90 out of 90 and didn't do one day. You didn't even say WHY you didn't do the one day. I think it's clear you don't WANT to do the one day, but you're simply too scared to say out loud here 'I don't want to recover. I want to continue drinking.' I guess you think you wouldn't get any sympathetic responses if you openly admitted you don't want to quit.
Old 05-13-2018, 08:58 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Stew, I fear for your health. Now you've decided to use the relationship & house issue to give yourself permission to drink. By the time November comes, much more damage will be done - you're putting yourself in danger by continuing down this road. You obviously aren't enjoying these drinks - they're making you miserable & stealing your spirit. Please stop sabotaging yourself.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:06 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Take the word "can't" out of your vocabulary. You can do so much more than you think you're capable of. You know that.
Old 05-13-2018, 10:58 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I’m dead
Wrong, Stewy There is an abundance of good living ahead of you recover It is totally up to you.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:04 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

You haven’t been sober long enough to rationally deal with the breakup, Stewy.

The fact that you CAN get out of the house deal is good news. Get sober and recover, Stewy , so that you appreciate the freedom from the house situation.

What happened to the 90 in 90, Stewy?
Old 05-14-2018, 03:41 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

The main advice I have for you at this point, is if and when you decide to get sober, do it for you. Not for anyone on this site, not for your ex, not for your job, not for your family. Do it just for yourself. Ask yourself how your life was better when you were sober for 600 days. You deserve that again. You deserve happiness. So choose it. And make that decision for you, not for anyone else.
Old 05-14-2018, 03:55 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Come on, Stew. You deserve better.