Notices

Threw away 2.5 yrs of sobriety....

Old 05-14-2018, 04:45 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
How are you doing Riv?
Hey guys doing good today. Just got done with a great workout this morning. Turned off the phone yesterday and did some reading. Also did some writing in a journal writing my thoughts down helped me sleep pretty good.
Old 05-14-2018, 04:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
Put yourself on that list, too.

You deserve better treatment than you've been giving yourself.

I never really thought about apologizing to myself, but I keep hearing it. I'm trying and determined to get there eventually. This first month and the emotions involved make it hard to concentrate on positive thought, but I am hopeful and determined so soon I can start.
Old 05-14-2018, 06:05 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Wishing you an awesome day today Riverty! You can do this, be in the moment. Breathe deeply and remember to drink plenty of water throughout the day as your body cleanses and heals. Peace
Old 05-14-2018, 06:27 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Catch and Release

Good for you Riverty that you have taken ownership of your problem and are not looking for excuses. Certainly there are extenuating circumstances to life that can be triggers, but, the bottom line is we are responsible for taking care of ourselves.

Taking ownership is the key to success. Keep that in the forefront of your mind and say to yourself - "I shall never drink again, no matter what, and I will NEVER change my mind." No excuses ever.

I have remained sober for over 3 years by simply making my big plan (which is the above quote) and reading at SR. Meetings are not my thing either.

Sobriety is a beautiful place to be. Don't dream it - BE IT!

CF