Notices

Don't know where to begin

Old 05-14-2018, 04:20 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Why not join us on the 24 hour thread where you can commit to each 24?
I will do that thank you. I found it really helpful to write a journal when I had my big quit and did it in a different forum. It helped me articulate how I was feeling but was also my story that I could look back at and see my progress. I've looked around this site to see where I could do that but not really sure where or if this is the right site to do it in. Any advice?
Old 05-14-2018, 04:23 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rar View Post
Think of the sweats as the toxins leaving your body and the other symptoms as your body and brain recovering.
I like that. I will remember that tonight.

I've never tried chamomile tea, I'll give it a whirl. Was going to start a diet today as I have flirted between drink and really bad food for such a long time but then thought that was a stupid idea! One step at a time....
Old 05-14-2018, 04:38 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

There's a blog function on here esymarieb if you look at the top of the screen. That might be a good place to journal your feelings. If you have a play you can probably edit who can and can't read it. The editing etc might be found of you click userCP at the top.
Yeah I'd take it steady with the diet. Of course good food helps you heal but if a big fat slice of cake helps right now eat it!
Old 05-14-2018, 04:40 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Rar

Good Esy - I think both the chamomile and Sleepytime tea are acquired tastes, but because they are relaxing, I drank them anyway. Make sure you get decaffeinated. There is also a valerian tea, which is also supposed to be calming, but I've never tried it.
Old 05-14-2018, 05:01 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Rar!
There's a brand of herbals in the UK called Pukka and their night time tea is delicious! Treat yourself to a giant pint mug too and you can sip on it all evening xxx
Old 05-14-2018, 06:29 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

On the practical side of things, make sure you are eating and stay hydrated. And, you are right: this is no time for a diet! Your body needs food calories to heal. Sleep will come eventually, but if you’re struggling, regular rest (lying down) is helpful anyway.

I’m rooting for you. Come back here often to post and to read: it will make you feel less alone, which is important, and it will also help to reassure and encourage you that there is a lot waiting for you on the other side of this.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:31 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Hi Rar!
There's a brand of herbals in the UK called Pukka and their night time tea is delicious! Treat yourself to a giant pint mug too and you can sip on it all evening xxx
Lucky me - my grocery store had the Pukka brand teas. However, I couldn't remember which tea you recommended, so I got the calming tea. Rainy here this afternoon, so I think I will be making myself a cuppa.