Notices

Downfall

Old 05-09-2018, 08:01 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
The whole thing is pointless really. I'm wasting everyone's time because I don't effectively do anything about it. I had some success with the AVRT idea, but I'm back again so that doesn't work. I don't believe in the AA higher power idea - it wouldn't work, I don't believe it.

taplow, it isn't that any one plan or program fails....it is that we fail to keep the plan in place and attend to our program with vigilance.

notice how many things you discount. nope won't work, didn't work, don't like it. you're like a pitcher on the mound shaking off the catcher.....some day you are going to have throw the ball. and do so to the best of your ability.

here's a secret....it's actually a LOT easier to stay sober than it is to keep drinking. a lot less planning, plotting, dodging, outright lying, headaches, body aches. failing health, isolation.
I totally 100per cent agree with this x
Old 05-09-2018, 08:55 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

All I ever do is come on here and make speeches. I never say, this is the truth, this is what my disaster is.

taplow, thing is...we can all see what your disaster is. you keep saying it quite eloquently.

and you don't believe in a higher power?
i don't believe you!
from your posts in this thread it is quite clear you do: the depths that control you. just pointing out the obvious, i know. and right now booze is controlling you.

It's not a drinking problem, that's just the symptom., it's deeper than that that.
i agree with you.

so...what do you think it is?
Old 05-09-2018, 11:14 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Fini that is exactly what comes to mind for me....and often does here.

We, addicts, are very quick to dismiss the idea of a higher power. Yet we will follow our drug to the end of the earth. We give it 100% control over us. We 'fear' powerlessness. But I have never been so powerless as when I'm in the grips of alcohol.

Turn that fervor to recovery and amazing things can happen.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:35 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

yeah, Frickaflip, and i used to say it too: no belief in any kind of higher power while bemoaning the enslavement to booze and nicotine ...changing the language to "power greater than myself" made things a bit more obvious.