Notices

Am I available?

Old 05-08-2018, 05:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Am I available?

Being available was the precursor to my sobriety, although I had no concept of what that truly meant in my life, it was the essence of the problem. Maybe someone here will identify with this, perhaps.

Am I available to quit drinking?> Or am I too busy, maybe tomorrow or next week. I really need to stop but not today. Lots to do.

Am I available for those around me? I know / can intellectualize that drinking may have some affect on my closest relationships, but really not that much. This just isn't the best time to quit. I am a good provider, the bills get paid. Drinking really only hurts me.

Am I available to help others? Sure! I help others a lot. As long as it's before the bewitching hour - depending on my day, that might be before noon, three or five pm. I don't mind helping, but I have my own life to live.

Am I available for myself? Sure, I drink daily but I am there with me always. Really> Do I love me or do I engage constantly berating my spirit - I am not worthy of change. I can't change anyhow - impossible.

Am I available to embrace today? Can I make the most important decision in my life now? Will I take that first step?

Nothing special here, just a run of the mill drunk who had an awakening, by grace after making a decision. It's really pretty simple , Really,

Are you Available - Today?
Old 05-08-2018, 06:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

"Are you Available - Today? "

Why yes, yes I am.

Old 05-08-2018, 06:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Available is now my meditation word for the day.

Thanks, Fly.