Notices

Thanks to those that have relapsed for posting here

Old 05-04-2018, 03:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thanks to those that have relapsed for posting here

My AV was a little active today, but it was relatively easy to ignore it.

This in a large part because I am afraid of what would happen if I started drinking again and is largely due to the numerous posts about others experience with starting to drink again. So I wanted to thank y'all for sharing your experiences.

I am on my annual Spring fly fishing trip. I was moving locations today and the forecast called for severe thunderstorms so I decided to get a hotel room instead setting up my tent. The AV seized the opportunity to remind me about how good a few drinks in the hotel room would be.

I had already decided to ignore the AV. Alas, when I arrived at the hotel the previous guest had left 3 beers in the refrigerator in my room. (You cant make this stuff up!) I didn't waste anytime in having housekeeping remove them!

Again these forums have been indispensable in keeping me on the sober path. Thanks to everyone for sharing their journey!
Old 05-04-2018, 03:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I second this. It keeps the board moving and is a stark reminder why drinking again is bad news.

Good job on removing those beers from your room.
Old 05-04-2018, 03:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
J50

I agree RetiredGuy! Those posts along with those who report back after long term sobriety have been a huge help to me.

Those who take the time to write those posts, along with the moderators here, provide an invaluable service to others!
Old 05-04-2018, 04:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I post about my struggles alongside my concerted efforts to find recovery!
Hopefully I helped you stay away from the poison!
Sober Ghoster!
Old 05-04-2018, 04:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

enjoy the fishing RG

D
Old 05-04-2018, 04:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Even though I don't post much, I read here every single day, usually a couple of times, because it keeps my sobriety front and center as my focus. I'm happy to have almost 14 months, but I don't envision a day when I'll outgrow this forum. Nothing works better to keep me sober than reading relapse stories; as they say, "there but for the Grace of God go I." Done that too many times, pretty sure I don't have another Day 1 left in me...so I'm incredibly grateful for this website and its members.
Old 05-04-2018, 06:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good call on removing those beers, RG. Enjoy the trip!
Old 05-04-2018, 06:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Vietnam Vet

Originally Posted by RetiredGuy View Post
My AV was a little active today, but it was relatively easy to ignore it.

This in a large part because I am afraid of what would happen if I started drinking again and is largely due to the numerous posts about others experience with starting to drink again. So I wanted to thank y'all for sharing your experiences.

I am on my annual Spring fly fishing trip. I was moving locations today and the forecast called for severe thunderstorms so I decided to get a hotel room instead setting up my tent. The AV seized the opportunity to remind me about how good a few drinks in the hotel room would be.

I had already decided to ignore the AV. Alas, when I arrived at the hotel the previous guest had left 3 beers in the refrigerator in my room. (You cant make this stuff up!) I didn't waste anytime in having housekeeping remove them!

Again these forums have been indispensable in keeping me on the sober path. Thanks to everyone for sharing their journey!
Great job on hanging tough! Hey I live in Georgia myself so small world huh?
Old 05-04-2018, 09:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Awesome! I agree, I appreciate every post and reading here at least twice a day is a big part of my recovery plan.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Get those beers outta here!!!! Good job on pouring them out! I'm kind of appalled someone left behind 3 beers! Normies continue to blow my mind.

If you're fly fishing in north Georgia, I bet you're in my neck of the woods. I'm actually trying to learn so I can teach classes at the park I work at. Not as easy as it looks!
Old 05-04-2018, 09:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Mr

Thanks for the post retired Guy.
Enjoy the rise.