Notices

26 weeks pregnant- 8 days sober

Old 05-03-2018, 09:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

26 weeks pregnant- 8 days sober

Hey everyone, I’ve posted in the past explaining my pregnancy & how recently I have had a few occasions where I lost control & drank 5/6 glasses of wine.
I still feel so disgusted with myself but have been praying my baby is ok & healthy.
I’m on day 8 - almost day 9.
I’m so horrified I never want to drink again but daily I catch myself thinking “ I can’t wait for my baby to get here so I can have a drink “ .. ugh why why why 🤬
God has blessed me and I’ve put my innocent baby boy at risk and STILL I have thoughts of drinking .. ugh

8 days strong. No urges to drink again while pregnant but still battling my thoughts for after pregnancy

Please pray for my baby.

Writing here has helped me a lot and I love communicating with everyone & so thankful for others support/ stories
<3
Thank you .
Old 05-03-2018, 10:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your 8 days sober, E!

I managed to 'white knuckle' it through my two pregnancies, but unfortunately my drinking escalated after my second was born. I really wish I'd realised earlier that I had a problem with alcohol. I wish I'd started working on my recovery BEFORE my kids were born. I didn't know. I knew I was a heavy drinker, but so were a lot of people I was around. The 'penny hadn't dropped' yet. I am lucky as my kids are still young (5 and 2) but to be able to get sober right from the start so I could be present and engaged for them, well that would be such a gift.

You won't regret being sober and present for your child. Trust me. One mother to another. Just keep going, one day at a time.
Old 05-04-2018, 12:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Prayers and support offered.
SR is a good, welcoming and safe place to be a part of. Perhaps go to a meeting or 2? Just the social contact for me is good.
Old 05-04-2018, 05:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on 8 days E1234. You can do this.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My advice and I think I gave it before. Start working a program of recovery so you have the tools to cope with the AV once the baby is here. TRUST me you do NOT want to be a DRUNK MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2018, 12:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are doing great....well done on those 8 days.
Old 05-04-2018, 12:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Prayers for both of you, E1234.

Well done on almost 9 days of sobriety. Continued abstinence and sobriety and the very best things that you can do for both of you.

Stay close. We truly care.
Old 05-04-2018, 04:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

8 days is great. I hope when bub arrives you'll find a plan to suit and help you stay sober for good

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...very-plan.html (What exactly is a recovery plan?)

D
Old 05-04-2018, 05:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Really well done. Keep it up. And, for what it’s worth and as a parent to young kids myself: raising kids is a sight easier when you’re sober.
Old 05-04-2018, 06:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you've been sober for 8 days.

I agree with the advice to get a recovery plan in place and to start working it.
Old 05-05-2018, 06:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Glad you have 8 days sober, and are making healthy choices for you and your baby. I didn't drink during my pregnancies, but did start drinking again a few months after each of my kids were born. I truly wish I would have stayed sober, and not needed to do it later on. You have the wonderful opportunity to do this!

Sending Lots of prayers and love to you and your baby.❤️
Old 05-05-2018, 07:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You're doing an amazing and wonderful thing by staying sober for your baby, yourself, and your family. You can't change what happened in the past, but it's so obvious how much you care about your baby and how hard you are trying. Everyone on this site knows exactly how hard the struggle with addiction is. I hope you are being gentle with yourself. We are all rooting for you 100%!