Notices

Day 3: felt pretty well this am but......

Old 04-30-2018, 10:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3: felt pretty well this am but......

My hands are shaking and very anxious. This is even after a good weight workout and having a meal. I am wondering if it is just anxiety, which is pretty bad right now. Last time I went sober I had the shakes for the first day, a little the second, but this time it is starting later.

I’ll take a vistaril. Hopefully that will take the edge off.

Anyone have a similar experience?
Old 04-30-2018, 10:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Anxiety is very, very common during this time Horn. Alcohol depresses you, so your mind is waking up and things can definitely be all over the map so to speak.

In general, withdrawals get subsequently worse each time, the phenomenon is know as "kindling". If you have concerns seeing a doctor is not out of the question.

I have no idea what vistaril is, but unfortunately there's no "magic pill" that will make withdrawal symptoms go away. AKA - it's not going to be a pleasant experience for a little while.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Horn, it's tough getting through the first few days, but you're getting through it. I had terrible anxiety the first few days, so I can imagine how you feel. I hope you feel better soon, and if not, check with your dr.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Anxiety is very, very common during this time Horn. Alcohol depresses you, so your mind is waking up and things can definitely be all over the map so to speak.

In general, withdrawals get subsequently worse each time, the phenomenon is know as "kindling". If you have concerns seeing a doctor is not out of the question.

I have no idea what vistaril is, but unfortunately there's no "magic pill" that will make withdrawal symptoms go away. AKA - it's not going to be a pleasant experience for a little while.
Vistaril is hyrdoxizine. It is a mild anti-anxiety med. I do not want to go the benzo route. The shakes are not as bad as they were about an hour ago. I think it is anxiety.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Horn95 View Post
Vistaril is hyrdoxizine. It is a mild anti-anxiety med. I do not want to go the benzo route. The shakes are not as bad as they were about an hour ago. I think it is anxiety.
I'm on day 4 and I am also very anxious despite feeling better yesterday. We have no choice but to ride it out. There is light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Primativo View Post
I'm on day 4 and I am also very anxious despite feeling better yesterday. We have no choice but to ride it out. There is light at the end of the tunnel.
Is this your first time detoxing?

My shakes went away. That has reduced my anxiety.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Primativo View Post
Nice to see you online Primativo. Anxiety is par for the course. Hang on in there it will pass. Try some YouTube meditations /relaxations.
Old 04-30-2018, 11:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I know my blood sugar fluctuated when coming off a binge and if I didn't eat and worked out I would shake, and sweat a lot. I'm a big proponent of food when trying to recover.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

gotta give time time,horn. with the amount you were drinking, nothing is going to straighten out over night- physically,mentally, emotionally, or spiritually.
but it will in time
Old 04-30-2018, 03:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Horn95 View Post
Is this your first time detoxing?

My shakes went away. That has reduced my anxiety.
First time detoxing off of a real big binge yes. Drank a hell of a lot over a 10 day period.

I didn't have any shakes. Just anxiety.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am day 10. I had a 9/10 day binge which included xanax. I am still feeling slightly anxious at the moment but shakes have gone. It's awful but we just have to ride it out and get a bit better and a bit stonger everyday. The important thing is not to pick up a drink.
Old 05-01-2018, 05:30 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Anxiety causing shakes, shakes causing anxiety.....its all withdrawal. As you know 3 days is really early. Hang in there.

Hydrate, eat clean, get some cardio (sweat). I took B1 and a Bcombo supplement....ask your dr about that. Electrolytes.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 View Post
Anxiety causing shakes, shakes causing anxiety.....its all withdrawal. As you know 3 days is really early. Hang in there.

Hydrate, eat clean, get some cardio (sweat). I took B1 and a Bcombo supplement....ask your dr about that. Electrolytes.
I actually have been on a B-complex vitamin for quite some time, and a multivitamin, as well as fish oil, and a couple of other supplements. I took these even while drinking. Probably explains why my withdrawals have not been worse.

I am starting Day 4. And other than the psychological symptoms, I feel pretty well. Got decent sleep, and am more rested than I have been in a while.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:52 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Glad to hear homie. Keep it moving.