Notices

hello everyone

Old 11-06-2004, 10:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
user and abuser

hello everyone

Well I am a newby here and here is what happened. I live in OKC and am a contract Nurse. While on assignment in Tulsa I was caught diverting narcotics. The security staff took me to a room and interrogated me for an hour and searched me and my belongings looking for the meds, which I didnot have cause I did them already. Anyway they said if I fessed up the police would not be involved, yeah right. I was then arrested for embezzlement of a CD, which changed to 1 felony count larceny of a CD. I am now in a peer assistance program with the Nursing Board and am beginning treatment. I think deep down I was sloppy so that I would get caught as the guilt was killing me. I have been using for 3 years now and it wasn't going to end til something drastic happened. My trouble is that I have severe back troubles 4 surgeries in the last 3 years and take Norco for the pain. I was using meds just for the pain then realized they made coping so much easier and I had also developed a tolerance so I took more and used everyday alot. 50-60 pills a week plus what I could get from the job. I was working as many hours as I could so that I could get the meds I needed. Now I have no job and can't seem to get one due to my arrest, but at least I am working on the problem at hand. Anyone out there that might have any ideas for employment I sure could use the help. I have a very small support system right now and somedays lately have really stunk. Glad you all are here and I will be here frequently, when I am not at meetings or at outptient therapy. My therapist also says I am codependent and I get to work on that after I get further into recovery. Know this was long but had to talk about things.
Old 11-06-2004, 10:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Learning To Let It Be

Smile

Welcome badgrl , you're in the right place! Thank you for your honesty and of course, for sharing. There are many of us here to support one another and I'm glad to have you on board!

'One life you got to do what you should.'
Old 11-06-2004, 10:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
user and abuser

Thanks for the Welcome

Plan on staying around for quite some time. My treatment plan goes for 2-5 years. Sobriety is what I want withdrawal is what sucks, worried about that part. Turning this all over to the higher power within me and going along for the ride to save my life. This place is a good place to start.
Old 11-07-2004, 12:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RE-member- DONT QUIT!

Welcome badgrl, my name is mike. I used to think I was a badboy, Then I learned I was making things into a moral issue for myself, good versus bad. I have found that there arent any bad people here, me included, only people with the disease of addiction. glad your here, we all have lots to learn from each other.
Old 11-07-2004, 02:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Not the center of the Universe

Welcome badgrl.

You have found a special place and the people here are great. The employment question is a tough one and I just don't have a clue where you would start. Given the vast numbers of people our country is convicting for having a disease, there must be an answer out there though. Or at least I hope there that there is. One suggestion I can offer is to attend some of the N.A. meetings in your area and ask what other people in your situation have done. Don't be ashamed of what has happened in the past and continue to be honest, open, and willing. Those three keys open more doors that you might expect.

The coolest thing is that you are not alone in your recovery. There are a whole heap of us on this planet making the same journey and we all know what you are going through even if our stories and demons are different. Keep the faith and do what you have do to stay clean and sober for today.

Jah Bless
Old 11-07-2004, 09:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

GOODgrl-- Hello, dear. You are not alone. I am also an addict recovering from pain meds. First, can you do a detox to get off the meds? The withdrawal is really pretty awful and I promise you that it will be much better with medical help. The first step is to get clean from the poisons in your system from the meds, then the really important work begins, which is learning to live life on life's terms. Run, don't walk to your nearest NA meeting. There you will find people who understand what you are going through and can help you get to the other side. Keep coming back and let us know how you are doing. Hang in there.

jojo