Notices

Kicked my boyfriend out abruptly

Old 04-26-2018, 07:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Kicked my boyfriend out abruptly

I had been with my boyfriend for just over 4 years. When we met he had just had a major surgery on his back. He was prescribed opioids, and when that did help the pain he started smoking heroin. After a long time of dealing with that and during that he moved into my place. He got off heroin this past Christmas and got on methadone. Once he realized he had to get it every day and it could limit his ability to travel (he did not travel often in the 4 years I have known him) he wanted off that. So he started drinking. His excuse was he needed to be drinking to get off methadone. Since he has been trying this plan he had been getting wasted. I tried to talk to him about how uncomfortable it made me, begged him to get help support and stop. One night a few months ago I admitted I kissed
Someone. He did not like that nor did he get over it easily. To back track a bit he used to call me names and I told him how much it hurt me so instead of stupid ****, I started getting stupid idiot. So after he found out about the kiss I started getting dirty *****. His angry when drinking was escalating and I could tell. Then on Sunday I had made an appointment to go to councilling together, and he got wasted. So I went, and because of this had decided it was over. When I got home he was so drunk he could barley stand. At one point he threatened me enough I felt I had to leave. In fact I ran out and didn’t get my
Purse or phone. I went back and got it, he asked me
Something and didn’t like my answer and got crazy angry again. I ran out called
The police.
It’s crazy he won’t accept it’s over, I have had to block all
Communication with him. Thank goodness for my mom without her strength I would have let him back. He said he has a room
For tomorrow so the plan is to get his stuff out of my place this weekend either to where he got a room, my moms place or a place of his choosing. I know it’s for the best but part of me feels
Soo guilty cutting off contact. I understand it was his actions that led
Up to this. Also I believe he was using drugs as well during all
This. I think crack
Old 04-26-2018, 08:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Welcome, though I'm sorry for what brings you here.

I think you are wise to kick him out. But you put up with his behavior for four years. I hope you can stay strong in you choice and end this circus for good.
Old 04-26-2018, 03:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for what brings you here too Saranic - from all you've posted, sounds like this is a relationship best seen in the rear view mirror.

D
Old 04-26-2018, 07:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hugs! I'm sorry for all you are going through.