Notices

Medical update

Old 04-26-2018, 03:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Nothing I can add that all these very wise peeps haven't already said.

You've got much love around here.

I concur with the assessment that if it's calling for a follow up CT scan as far as 6 months out then the lack of urgency is likely a good sign.

Also, yea I think it was insensitive of the Doc to not reply, that said I definitely would not read into it being a sign that he didn't want to get involved in a detailed conversation. They have an ethics code and an obvious interest in the care of the patient. If it was something urgent enough that it required immediate attention and he/she knew about it I'm sure they would have let you know.

Best, please keep us updated.

-B
Old 04-26-2018, 04:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Rar

Thanks Everyone for your sensibly rational responses. . I will continue to read them if I feel a pity party coming on.

Today an email straggled in from the Do Not Reply mailer @ the portal website, saying 'New Test Results are Available'. I found them yesterday on my own. I still have not heard from my doctor and no follow up appointment has been scheduled.

I'm in awe of those posting who have struggled with cancer and those who have experienced health scares. I much appreciate the sharing of your experiences They have helped more than you know.

Your responses make me feel less scared and less alone. ((HUGS))

PS - Not drinking.