Notices

Afternoon

Old 04-25-2018, 12:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Afternoon

For whatever reason(s) I find this time of day, 3ish pm where I am, is when the AV is strongest.
Im reminding myself as I head into this next weekend of all the awfulness that drinking brings and of all the greatness sober focused days bring.

Trying to come and read/post when i get those feelings.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

excellent work, coming here and talking about "it" FIRST!!!! keep flexing those sober muscles!
Old 04-25-2018, 03:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good idea to come here and post and read. Put some others activities in your toolbox too!
Old 04-25-2018, 03:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mandy73 View Post
For whatever reason(s) I find this time of day, 3ish pm where I am, is when the AV is strongest.
Im reminding myself as I head into this next weekend of all the awfulness that drinking brings and of all the greatness sober focused days bring.

Trying to come and read/post when i get those feelings.
Hey Mandy, Mine was 4:30 pm everyday. I did what you are doing. I came on to SR and read and posted everyday about that time. When I recognized that my cravings had somewhat of a schedule I could recognize them before they got to strong. I am at 121 days and I really don't get those 4:30 triggers anymore. Good Job!
Old 04-25-2018, 04:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi mandy,
can you thunk of ways to change your afternoon routine - that might help?
D
Old 04-25-2018, 05:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Rar

My AV is strong at that time too, Mandy. I find though, that it gets quieter and quieter the closer I get to bedtime. Eating something usually helps too. Posting is a great fixer for cravings. Hang in there.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The hardest time for me was coming home from work. I take the "scenic" route home now when I've had a rough day.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone it's always good to be reminded that it gets easier. I was thinking about what is happening around that time of day...my husband is getting home from work, my kids home from school. It's often chaotic. Sometimes we go out and run errands, sometimes I bought alcohol.

I think some things I might try are doing some mindful meditation before everyone enters the house, drink a large glass of water and have a sweet treat I'm likely craving at that time lol, once everyone gets settled sit and do some of my crochet projects, play a video game with kids, read/post SR, put on my pyjamas early and make tea, take a different route to run errands, take a 30 min brisk walk.

I'm feeling determined. I don't want to take any steps backwards so I'm trying to be mindful of the negative feelings.