Notices

Slowly dying

Old 04-24-2018, 11:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Slowly dying

Hi my name is Kelly, I'm a severe alcoholic, I drink almost everyday, at least enough to get drunk. I have severe right side pains after drinking and convince myself it's not from alcohol. I did 12 rehabs in two years, kept drinking, I've done prison time, kept drinking, lost family, friends , relationships, keep drinking...I finally hold a job, but tiredly and now my side pain is beyond what I can handle. I'm slowly forgetting everything, I thr9w up constantly, I can't go on
Old 04-25-2018, 12:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You're here because you don't wish to die.

You need to seek immediate medical attention. If you lose everything else (jobs, money, appointments - whatever) then they will all be lost anyway once you have died.

Recovery comes first. Get medical attention now.

Love and Strength

JT
Old 04-25-2018, 01:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

if you think you can't or shouldn't drink anymore an want to give this sobriety thing a chance, then there are plenty of "free" help out there.
You can give AA a chance, if you are not ready for meetings, there are plenty of online AA meetings out there.
You can also try a program called AVRT, (addictive voice recognition technique) they have a website with a crash course.
You can combine the two, which is what I am doing.
SMART recovery is another one, check out their site.
if you want aa online meetings, let me know, I attend a few of those.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Kcrouse. I'm glad you found us here. It seems like you're here for the reason I came here- you don't want to die. Sadly it seems like impending death is the only thing that can shock us out of our stupor sometimes. The good news is that you don't have to die drunk, you can change the road you're on.

Good to have you with us, please stick around and get better.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey and welcome
Your not alone ..The support network on this group is totally amazing ...
I get where your coming from I was just like you and I'm sober 4 months .I too drank every day (wine) and could feel my health declining also ..
I know it's hard but the biggest step at the start is don't drink anymore alcohol!!!!!
Do what you need to do ..doctor's ..rehab
Whatever it takes
I was one of the lucky ones I just stopped myself an had little or no withdrawal symptoms apart from headaches and no sleep for a week
Please keep posting
I'm with you all the way here
Caralara ❤️
(Big hugs)
Old 04-25-2018, 01:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I agree with JustTony that you need to see a doctor or go to ER. That's the first thing to do. Alcohol is poison to your body, especially to your liver, pancreas and stomach. Only test will reveal why you have that pain. Then work on your recovery. To keep drinking is dangerous. Rehab is good but you need a follow up plan, outpatient or AA, or whatever works for you.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
The Long and Winding Road....

hi kelly

hey there

you don't sound well and I agree with the others who have posted that medical attention is a good idea.

there are heaps of people who care here

Vandermast
Old 04-25-2018, 03:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

you don't have to suffer anymore....

life is a beautiful thing and you can feel, see, experience that too.....

embrace sobriety - it's not too late.

you sound like you're in a really rough place - a place where you'll need help and support beyond what we can offer here alone - but I hope you'll stick around here and I hope you'll get medical and recovery help NOW.

we're ALL slowly dying...... but slowly dying in sobriety is a cherished, beautiful gift called LIFE.

Slowly dying in alcoholism is a tragic, awful, twisted suffering that denies you that experience.....

it's also a choice.

Old 04-25-2018, 04:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Rar

Welcome Kcrouse. There's lots of support and understanding here on SR. Most of us here have felt desperate when we joined. It's great that you posted here. The first thing I think you should do (as others have suggested) is seek medical attention. They can help you detox safely and evaluate the pain you are having. I hope you stick around.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Nice to make your acquaintance Kelly.
I was pretty much where you are a year ago. Be honest with your doc, and get detoxed safely.
You'll have to make sobriety your priority for a while. But then the miracle is a new life starts to emerge and it's wonderful. Good luck to you
Old 04-25-2018, 05:55 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Kelly - just over ten years ago I was drinking all day everyday and had for several years.

This place gave me hope for a better way of life, and gave me the support and encouragement to help me make it happen.

I know we can help you too. I don't believe it's ever too late

D
Old 04-25-2018, 07:37 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hello Krouse,

I'm sorry you're going through such a rough time.

I agree with all the advice given here. Getting medical attention should be a high priority. Your liver, pancreas & gallbladder are all on right side (well from our inner being) and pain might indicate inflammation of one or all of them. This can be very serious. Hope you can get to a medical professional soon! Please post again and let us know how you're doing! Best wishes!
Old 04-25-2018, 08:38 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hopefully some of the information available on this forum will resonate with you and you can begin a life of recovery. As I'm sure you've figured out, it only gets worse, never better. Wish you the best.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:03 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I don't want to be the person that paints the devil on the wall but I have a friend that almost died of alcoholic liver cancer, a friend that had 15% chance to live because of alcoholic pancreatitis, a friend that also had pancreatitis from drinking. They survived and are sober now. But a friend that had a great career as a lawyer in NYC (not that it matters) drank himself to death after being released from a mental asylum where he was because of alcoholic brain damage (lack of the vitamin B thiamine can cause it). And another friend that got drunk and shot herself. I am sure lots of people have similar experiences about loved ones, and horror stories. I hope that nothing bad happens to you!!!! Just saying that medically supervised detox and being thoroughly checked ought to be your first step! Then do "whatever it takes" not to drink.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:14 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope that you talk to your dr or go to an ER for help. Please don't give up on yourself. There is always hope and you are here seeking support which is great.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:04 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Sending you thoughts of strength and healing your way!

Remember our bodies really want to be healthy, they will try when we stop putting the poison in. Drinking lots of water will help your recovery. Hopefully you are being seen by a medico today.

Hugs to you
Old 04-25-2018, 01:33 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi Kelly. I hope youve been for some medical help and find your way back here. Love and peace you fragile flower. Xx