Notices

New here... First time ever telling my story

Old 04-23-2018, 10:37 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks again to everyone again that has responded to me. I am so grateful to be part of this amazing group.

I have one question since I’m new to this site. Is there a place on here where it notifies me when I get a reply? Or do I have to find my post and check that way like I have been doing? Thanks everyone! ❤️❤️❤️
Old 04-23-2018, 11:11 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Checking to see how you are doing today, dear sobriety.

Thinking of you!
Old 04-23-2018, 11:58 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hello. So glad to see you here today. Maybe join the 24 hour recovery thread. Check in everyday and commit to staying sober for the next 24 hours. It helped me along. Xx
Old 04-23-2018, 12:16 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rainyengland View Post
5 days only ..that’s a lot ! Well done,it takes courage to get through these so pat yourself on the back !

Patience is key ..you didn’t make yourself ill and bloated over night ..it takes time to get your system back in check but the body is a pretty miraculous thing :-)
Thank you so much! I appreciate that. I get discouraged thinking how much longer I have to go to recover but I’m really trying to just focus on one day at a time... sometimes it’s one hour at a time. But, everytime I drink a sip of water instead of alcohol, I remind myself I’m not killing myself anymore and that’s what’s been getting me through... along with the help from all of you amazing people 😊
Old 04-23-2018, 12:27 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Checking to see how you are doing today, dear sobriety.

Thinking of you!
Aww thank you, SoberLeigh! You’re so sweet. I’m actually doing pretty well... besides some slight soreness from my liver and the numbness and tingling in my feet (that part is the most annoying!) however, I woke up this morning and I didn’t have the shakes, sweats, difficulty breathing, rapid heartbeat or vomiting/nausea. I can’t remember the last time I woke up without going straight into withdrawals and having to immediately pour a drink to make them stop 😔 I feel so ashamed that is what I had become. But, I haven’t had the urge to go buy a bottle of vodka because everyday I’m feeling better. I know I have a long way to go still and I’m just starting out but I’m feeling optimistic. Thank you for checking on me. How are you doing today?
Old 04-23-2018, 12:29 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberista View Post
Hello. So glad to see you here today. Maybe join the 24 hour recovery thread. Check in everyday and commit to staying sober for the next 24 hours. It helped me along. Xx
Thank you, soberista! I will do that!
Old 04-24-2018, 04:59 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Come and join us in the Class of April ! We're all just starting our journey and it's a great bunch of people. I'm back at day one today and the surport on this thread has pulled me through xx