Notices

I want to stop but I can't.

Old 04-22-2018, 04:52 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KG77 View Post
No. He won't be around me when I am drinking. He wouldn't even talk to me yesterday. He was angry that I had him pick me up from the ER at 1 in the morning and then kept right on drinking. I can't blame him. I'm angry at myself just writing that.
If your last drink was four hours ago, you might not yet be sober. Don't be embarrassed to go. Hospitals see this all the time. As was noted up thread, they don't know you, and it is their job to treat you. You need that. Your husband is mad, which is understandable. So you look after you right now. Get there. Call a cab.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:57 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Change4good View Post
If your last drink was four hours ago, you might not yet be sober. Don't be embarrassed to go. Hospitals see this all the time. As was noted up thread, they don't know you, and it is their job to treat you. You need that. Your husband is mad, which is understandable. So you look after you right now. Get there. Call a cab.
Sorry. Didn't see that your husband agreed to take you. As someone said, if you were drunk, you weren't thinking straight, and many have left AMA in that state. THIS time, if you go, don't leave. Shower and eat if you can, and go if things go sideways.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:58 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I am not sure if I need to go. I have never had bad withdrawal symptoms, but I guess that there is a first time for everything. I'm having really bad anxiety. I'm just exhausted. It's 6 am and I've been up since 2. And before that I was passed out. So my last drink was more than 4 hours ago, I just don't know exactly how much longer.
Old 04-22-2018, 05:02 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear you are suffering KG. Since I started to try and get sober, every time I drink the mental and physical consequences are worse and worse. Yes, kindling must be part of it but I also feel that having experienced sobriety (even if it has been difficult), the return to drinking is filled with shame, self-loathing and fear.
Do go to the ER if you feel worse, don't be alone.
Most of all take it easy on yourself. You have suffered a set back but you can start again and learn from it.
Support to you.
Old 04-22-2018, 05:06 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I am not sure if I need to go. I have never had bad withdrawal symptoms, but I guess that there is a first time for everything. I'm having really bad anxiety. I'm just exhausted. It's 6 am and I've been up since 2. And before that I was passed out. So my last drink was more than 4 hours ago, I just don't know exactly how much longer.
If you are only having bad anxiety, that is extremely uncomfortable (to put it mildly), but manageable until you can get through the first couple of days. You are exhausted, but can you take a walk to get your body and brain moving? For me, that is better than lying in bed letting the anxiety take over. If you husband is home all day, he can monitor you.

Curious what prompted you to go to the ER initially. Had you been before? Did they give you fluids or any meds?
Old 04-22-2018, 05:09 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Curious what prompted you to go to the ER initially. Had you been before? Did they give you fluids or any meds?
I was picked up by an ambulance for being passed out in some ones lawn. Oh my GOD. No they didn't do anything because as soon as I woke up I left.
Old 04-22-2018, 05:31 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DarklingSong View Post
Sorry to hear you are suffering KG. Since I started to try and get sober, every time I drink the mental and physical consequences are worse and worse. Yes, kindling must be part of it but I also feel that having experienced sobriety (even if it has been difficult), the return to drinking is filled with shame, self-loathing and fear.
Do go to the ER if you feel worse, don't be alone.
Most of all take it easy on yourself. You have suffered a set back but you can start again and learn from it.
Support to you.
Yes the shame, self loathing and fear are really bad. I don't think i can ever show my face in my neighborhood again. 😓
Old 04-22-2018, 05:43 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

KG, the intensity of those feelings will abate if you can get a few days sober. They are being magnified by withdrawal. I have done plenty of things I'm not proud of but I know the longer I stay sober the more I am able to make amends, and forgive myself.
Forgive yourself......you relapsed. Most of us have at some stage. Just get the alcohol out of your system and in a few days things will start to be manageable again.
Take care.
Old 04-22-2018, 05:47 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Rar

Yes the shame, self loathing and fear are really bad. I don't think i can ever show my face in my neighborhood again. 😓
I'm sure that's probably making your anxiety worse. Those feelings will fade with more sober time and sober actions, not only with you, but with your neighbors. They will move on to something else to think about. Take each day with a renewed commitment to living the best life you can. Do you attend AA meetings?
Old 04-22-2018, 05:47 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DarklingSong View Post
KG, the intensity of those feelings will abate if you can get a few days sober. They are being magnified by withdrawal. I have done plenty of things I'm not proud of but I know the longer I stay sober the more I am able to make amends, and forgive myself.
Forgive yourself......you relapsed. Most of us have at some stage. Just get the alcohol out of your system and in a few days things will start to be manageable again.
Take care.
Thank you. I know you're right. I can't believe how fast everything went down hill. 2 weeks ago I relapsed after 60 days and I'm already drinking like I never quit. Worse actually... I am scared that I won't be able to do it again. But If I don't stop it's going to kill me.
Old 04-22-2018, 05:49 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rar View Post
I'm sure that's probably making your anxiety worse. Those feelings will fade with more sober time and sober actions, not only with you, but with your neighbors. They will move on to something else to think about. Take each day with a renewed commitment to living the best life you can. Do you attend AA meetings?
I have tried AA . I just can't get into it. 😔
Old 04-22-2018, 05:50 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Rar

Thank you. I know you're right. I can't believe how fast everything went down hill. 2 weeks ago I relapsed after 60 days and I'm already drinking like I never quit. I am scared that I won't be able to do it again.
That's how I feel too. You don't have to do it again. As you know, it gets worse and worse.
Old 04-22-2018, 05:55 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

That's how I feel too. You don't have to do it again. As you know, it gets worse and worse.
I am so afraid of failing again. But I can't let fear keep me stuck. It will kill me.
Old 04-22-2018, 06:00 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Rar

I am so afraid of failing again. But I can't let fear keep me stuck. It will kill me.
That's why you have to make a plan so you don't fail. As has been said many times here, "You have to want to stop drinking more than you want to drink".
Old 04-22-2018, 06:07 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

That's why you have to make a plan so you don't fail. As has been said many times here, "You have to want to stop drinking more than you want to drink".
You're right. I have to do the work. Getting sober doesn't just happen.
Old 04-22-2018, 06:12 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Rar

I have tried AA . I just can't get into it. ��
Check out the secular section. (alternatives to 12 step program). The stickies are helpful too.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...r-connections/

Also, I listen to podcasts and read recovery books. I'm always trying to increase my knowledge and add to my toolbox.
Old 04-22-2018, 06:14 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Check out the secular section. There are other programs. Also, I listen to podcasts and read recovery books. I'm always trying to increase my knowledge and add to my toolbox.
I will try that, thank you.
Old 04-22-2018, 06:40 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

All my plans suck.
MY plans worked great. they ALWAYS got me drunk.
taking the plans others have used to get and stay sober and incorporating them into my recovery has worked pretty good.
Old 04-22-2018, 06:48 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Please go now. Don't wait for worse.
Old 04-22-2018, 06:51 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Something will click, and it will all come together KG. I believe that. I'm firm in the belief that everybody has their own breaking point, and rock bottom. I tried AA. Found it useless. Tried meds, again useless. tried numerous things. what was my rock bottom, and worked for me was quite extreme, but worked. Then the hard work started, and continues every morning until bedtime.
Hang in there