SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   100 days (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/426578-100-days.html)

Rar 04-20-2018 04:14 AM

100 days

YAY - Today is my 100th day. I wish I had something profound to say. I still have tough days, some tougher than others. There were a couple of days when I almost didn't care about not drinking anymore, but I posted here first. My reasons for wanting to drink were probably trivial, since others have life shattering problems and situations, but my issues were important to me and caused those wanting to drink emotions. The folks here took my issues seriously and helped me to not drink. I'm grateful.

At 100 days, I still don't have my eating under control. Now I have to work on that. I eat much the same way as a person quitting smoking does - eating to fill the void. My biggest eating time is right before I go to bed. It's not just a snack. I have to fill myself up with carbs so I can sleep. I'm really not even hungry. I used alcohol to self medicate so I could sleep. Now, I'm eating. GRRRR!.

All in all, I feel better, and yes it does get less hard. During the first 2-3 weeks, time just dragged by. I watched the clock until it was time to go to bed. Many times I went to bed at 6-7:00. Now, time has become normal again. I think about drinking less, but I still think about it.

So, moving on to my next milestone. Thanks from the bottom of my little heart to everyone for helping me reach this milestone. I am grateful. :ValD007:

lessgravity 04-20-2018 04:17 AM

Beautiful work Rar. Inspiration.

Keep checking in and showing and proving. Here with you, fighting for what matters.

Thank you for all your posts.

Congrats again.

3trees 04-20-2018 04:39 AM

Congrats Rar!

I ate 4 cupcakes before bed last night.....but I am up and at'em this morning. One vice at a time!

Do something special for yourself today!!!

SimplyFree 04-20-2018 04:50 AM

That is an awesome accomplishment! Keep up the great work!

time2shineagain 04-20-2018 05:09 AM

Fantastic Rar! ❤🎉

Nonsensical 04-20-2018 05:14 AM

:Mmanycoin:dance3::bbk::bbj:

jhonnyspa 04-20-2018 05:16 AM

Well done Rar, you are an inspiration.:c011:

entropy1964 04-20-2018 05:20 AM

I'm so happy for you Rar. Great job!

I have to eat before bed now too. Or I guess I don't have to, but I really want to. Kinda weird. Just another habit to break I guess :)

RetiredGuy 04-20-2018 06:28 AM

Congrats Rar. I ate like a pig my first year of sobriety. Staying off the booze was more important. This year, now that the AV has quited down, I started watching what I eat and have managed to lose 20 pounds.

Ladysadie 04-20-2018 07:22 AM

Congratulations Rar! That is inspiring news!

biminiblue 04-20-2018 07:28 AM

Yay, Rar!

saoutchik 04-20-2018 07:50 AM

100 days. Fantastic Rar!

:You_Rock_

FreedomCA 04-20-2018 07:52 AM

Amazing!

tekink 04-20-2018 08:07 AM

:You_Rock_

wibble 04-20-2018 08:09 AM

Hey Rar

Thats amazing news, well done!

Don't beat yourself up about eating carbs or eating in general, I ate SO SO SO much when I first stopped, I was convinced I was going to explode but eventually my body readjusted and I stopped eating as much and now over the last 18 months i've lost 26kg which is err...no idea what that is in pounds but its a lot when i was 88kg to start with.

But chocolate and carbs in general helped me massively.
It just helped to fill the void for a while during the time my AV was going bonkers.

Congratulations on 100 days, trust me it gets easier.

Originally Posted by Rar (Post 6866712)
YAY - Today is my 100th day. I wish I had something profound to say. I still have tough days, some tougher than others. There were a couple of days when I almost didn't care about not drinking anymore, but I posted here first. My reasons for wanting to drink were probably trivial, since others have life shattering problems and situations, but my issues were important to me and caused those wanting to drink emotions. The folks here took my issues seriously and helped me to not drink. I'm grateful.

At 100 days, I still don't have my eating under control. Now I have to work on that. I eat much the same way as a person quitting smoking does - eating to fill the void. My biggest eating time is right before I go to bed. It's not just a snack. I have to fill myself up with carbs so I can sleep. I'm really not even hungry. I used alcohol to self medicate so I could sleep. Now, I'm eating. GRRRR!.

All in all, I feel better, and yes it does get less hard. During the first 2-3 weeks, time just dragged by. I watched the clock until it was time to go to bed. Many times I went to bed at 6-7:00. Now, time has become normal again. I think about drinking less, but I still think about it.

So, moving on to my next milestone. Thanks from the bottom of my little heart to everyone for helping me reach this milestone. I am grateful. :ValD007:

J50 04-20-2018 08:34 AM

Congrats Rar. I think 100 days is a great milestone!

The longer you stay away from alcohol, the more you begin to recognize your strengths and abilities!

Upstairs 04-20-2018 09:11 AM

Congrats on the big hundred days! I can't go to bed hungry either. :D

Caralara144 04-20-2018 01:14 PM

Brillianttttt rar ..
I'm eating chocolate like it's going out of fashion like a big big bar every evening
As long as it's not wine I don't care
Amazing well done hun xxx

Arpeggioh 04-20-2018 02:25 PM

I love nice round numbers! Congratulations.

Buckley3 04-20-2018 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Rar (Post 6866712)
YAY - Today is my 100th day. I wish I had something profound to say. I

You just did silly!! :lmao

Trip digits! WooHOOOOO!:You_Rock_