Notices

Sad and scared

Old 04-18-2018, 08:27 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hope today is going well for you, Rar
Old 04-18-2018, 08:56 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Rar - you are incredible, so good to hear you are holding strong!
Old 04-18-2018, 09:10 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I am just now catching your thread, Rar. We have been very busy with a house full of guests. I am sorry that I wasn't here to support you.

So glad to hear that you didn't drink; very proud of you.

Uber and Lyft are very good transportation alternatives.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:32 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Way to go Rar x
Old 04-18-2018, 10:49 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
quat

give'm heck out there and go shopping a little too
Old 04-18-2018, 10:55 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

(((((((Rar))))))
I have ALWAYS appreciated your support. You are strong- you made it to day 98 and day 100 will feel great
How are you doing now? I'd drive you- I used to be afraid of scary crazy big city driving. Now I figure the trick is to drive a beater old vehicle bigger, older and with just as many airbags as the new shiny cars- gives me all the confidence in the world
I joke, well a bit anyways lol. I really like the suggestions so far.
Please try not to let hubs get at you.
I don't know if you are doing AA at all, but have you considered al-anon?
I never felt I had a right to be there until I found out how many "double winners" there were as they told me. When I went I found it strengthened me in relieving my resentments and keeping my sobriety stronger. It's just a thought. You have a right to support in that area too.

Much loves!
xo Delz
Old 04-18-2018, 11:50 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Thinking of you Rar. Hope the days goes well.
Old 04-18-2018, 01:43 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I'm only just catching up on this. I hope things are going well for you Rar, you did so well not to drink. There is so much love and support for you here. X
Old 04-18-2018, 01:43 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Rar

YAY! I made it to the Dr's (or lab's) office and back. At the last minute, Husband said he would be driving me because the traffic was heavy, wanting me to wait to drive until tourist season was over, whenever that is. I said, "Im going to drive, , but you're welcome to come along for the ride". , which he did. Hee....hee... When we got home, Husband commented that the more I practice, the smoother I'll get. I asked him what was erratic about my driving. He said, nothing, except that I'll get smoother. Don't know what that means, but I'm sure my driving was fine. .

So I slayed one of my personal dragons. I wasn't nervous once I got behind the wheel, but the anticipation of driving, even future driving here, still makes me nervous.

Thanks Everyone for the support and encouragement. Because of it, I am on Day 98 and had the confidence to drive. .
Old 04-18-2018, 01:51 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

So happy for you Rar. What a great achievement!
Old 04-18-2018, 01:57 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
J50

Originally Posted by Rar View Post
YAY! I made it to the Dr's (or lab's) office and back. At the last minute, Husband said he would be driving me because the traffic was heavy, wanting me to wait to drive until tourist season was over, whenever that is. I said, "Im going to drive, , but you're welcome to come along for the ride". , which he did. Hee....hee... When we got home, Husband commented that the more I practice, the smoother I'll get. I asked him what was erratic about my driving. He said, nothing, except that I'll get smoother. Don't know what that means, but I'm sure my driving was fine. .

So I slayed one of my personal dragons. I wasn't nervous once I got behind the wheel, but the anticipation of driving, even future driving here, still makes me nervous.

Thanks Everyone for the support and encouragement. Because of it, I am on Day 98 and had the confidence to drive. .
Great job Rar!

From a male perspective, your husbands comments lead me to believe he has a little guilt, but great job showing him your independence.

It may also be possible that he is not comfortable with driving, given the traffic and if he is drinking.

Guys aren't always the best in opening up.
Old 04-18-2018, 02:13 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by J50 View Post
Great job Rar!

From a male perspective, your husbands comments lead me to believe he has a little guilt, but great job showing him your independence.

It may also be possible that he is not comfortable with driving, given the traffic and if he is drinking.

Guys aren't always the best in opening up.
Husband drinks A LOT, but he doesn't drink and drive. When I told him I was driving he said, "But I always take you." Yes, I think he's probably feeling guilty, as he was pretty nasty. He should feel guilty!
Old 04-18-2018, 02:34 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Reading your recent posts was so uplifting. I think you should definitely keep driving because it will give you some independence and self confidence. I live in London and try to avoid driving as much as possible because it is frustrating - but the thing is it is not actually as demanding as you thing because everything is so slow.

Anyway, the most important thing is that you didn't drink and so many congratulations for not doing so.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:24 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Rar - this is wonderful news! So important that you are able and ready to drive, just for being capable and ready in case you have to be. I'm particularly pleased your husband came through for you too. This is awesomeness in all regards.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:41 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by Ladysadie View Post
Rar - this is wonderful news! So important that you are able and ready to drive, just for being capable and ready in case you have to be. I'm particularly pleased your husband came through for you too. This is awesomeness in all regards.
I was thinking about this while I was driving today. If I had been drinking the night before, I would have been fuzzy headed and not able to focus or concentrate on the traffic today. I was thinking, "Boy, I'm glad I don't drink!" I wonder how much the fuzziness and lack of focus contributed to my reluctance to drive here in Florida.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:05 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Sending you so many kisses and hugs! You just never know when you have to step up to the plate to take over the reins of your life. Your husband has to be proud of you too. But mainly you just keep being strong!
xoxo
Old 04-18-2018, 05:14 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rar View Post
I feel like drinking. My husband said some hurtful things to me and as a result I said I would drive myself to the doctor tomorrow. I haven't driven in Florida in the 3 years we've been here, so I'm terrified. I'm trying to hang on and all I can think of is that a drink will calm me down. Maybe I'll care tomorrow, but I don't now.. I've gone for a walk (though I'm hobbling with my bad feet) and tried to distract myself, but I'm too sad and scared and keep mulling over the situation. Today is my 97th day.
Nooooooooo!

How about Uber? It's super simple, very convenient. If need to know how to download the ap and stuff just give a shout. Would be glad to help.

Sorry for the bad vibes.

Edit: Oops, sorry I was late. I can be inattentive to details sometimes. But still... is Uber an option to substitute for your inclination to not drive?
Old 04-18-2018, 05:23 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Yay, Rar. Proud of you.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:27 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

You are awesome Rar!

You've got the taste of being independent. One day at a time, but Girl, you are showing us what can be done! Thanks for being a role model!
Old 04-18-2018, 05:42 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I am SO proud of you, Rar.

I say treat yourself to some pampering or something. Facing our fears with faith in ourselves- THAT is courage.