Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 2

Old 04-25-2018, 09:47 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Day 12

Red - I’m sorry you drank but I’m so pleased you’re fighting back and straight back on the wagon. Your body still thanks you for the five days sobriety you gave it. The liver doesn’t keep count. It was grateful for the break.

Strawberry - I know you live in a tourist trap so in terms of jobs you don’t have much choice. Read Daisybelle’s description of drinkers over and over. Not only was it funny but it was true!

Everyone else - well done on battling your demons successfully in the last 24 hours.

I went to bed at 10pm again last night and I’m lying in bed typing this at just gone 5.30am. The night was very broken sleep after 2am but at least it was seven and a half hours of proper broken sleep, as opposed to an alcoholic stupor.

Busy day at work today so I’ll only get a one hour blast on upper body weights at some point. I’ll go for 30 sets again to get some real benefit. Frustrating I won’t have time to do any cardio including just walking the pooch for his 3.5 miles but I’ll make up for that tomorrow and over the weekend. I’m also designing a killer core workout as well to add to the masochistic regime!

I still don’t feel committed to sobriety. I don’t know why? But as Dee said - just take it a day at a time and before I know it I might just naturally come to a place where I feel differently?

Nothing erudite to add today - sorry.

Love and Strength to All.

JT
Old 04-25-2018, 10:23 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Administrator

For years I believed I was weak but I found out instead how strong I am. I can go anywhere and do anything - feel anything - and stay sober because I don't want to go back to where I've been

Its hard work for a while.but it does get easier, believe me.
Have faith in yourselves to be strong and to embrace change

D
Old 04-26-2018, 12:59 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Good morning my lovely April shower

I hope you all had a good night/day and are staying strong and sober. I slept quite well again last night and what's unusual for me is that lately my sleeps are heavy and dreamless. It's really odd, I'm not complaining it's just that I'm usually up and down all night long, I've never been the best sleeper and in previous times when I've not been drinking I've had drinking dreams. Really strange, maybe it's part of the healing process, is anyone else having this?
The weather is awful again this morning, we've gone back to winter. I've got my winter woollies on again.
Got to drop my mum off in town again in an hour or so, she goes every day, nearly 85 she is and since my lovely dad passed away she's become a compulsive shopper. I've never known anyone buy so many clothes and take them back,, she's going to get banned from the shops one of these days, lol. Her excuse is that whatever top or coat she buys it always seems to have one sleeve longer than the other. She can't accept that since breaking her shoulder a few years back, one of her arms is shorter than the other, bless her, she's marvellous really. Other than that I need to crack on painting the porch, it's taking that long it's getting on my nerves now, I need to get it finished.

Nichole, I get those cravings too, last week I had to dash home from the supermarket because all the bottles of wine in the alcohol section were jumping up and down on the shelves, waving at me, screaming my name and literally trying to dive into my shopping trolley. I was actually salivating. When I'm like that I have to get really busy, I post, clean my oven, clean my cupboards, power walk, anything to distract me until the mood passes. It's hard, especially in these early days but it is workable, you can do it.

HiNT16, That's the same promise I've made to myself too, never to drink at home. I'm always the driver when we go out and I never tell people I have a drink problem, I don't feel that it is their business. I tell people I don't drink because it doesn't agree with my medication, which it doesn't and if they know I'm driving they don't press me to have one. Though I don't tell people I have a problem, I do admire the people who do. Each to their own.

G. morning Donny, I hope you had a restful sleep. Stay strong.

I hope you enjoyed your date night Chick. Sorry to hear your boy was a bear, they're a nightmare when they're tired aren't they? My 8 yr old granddaughter is the worst. She has the face of an angel and the temper of the devil, she's a nightmare when she tired, a right diva.
I did well with my son, thanks for asking, every time he said something derogatory I kept my mouth shut and just smiled, he had a face like thunder. My g.son did really, really well with his blood test, he was so brave, I'm going to treat him to something special at the weekend. Just praying that the results are good news.

Hi Turnip, don't be embarrassed about going on the 24 hour thread because you slipped. They will just be glad to see your post so do it, I find it helps me. Keep fighting the A.V he will get the message eventually if you keep giving him the 2 fingers. I wish I could send you some rain, I'd send it with pleasure and you could send me some sun. That'd be lovely. x

Well done on day 3 Turnip, that's awesome, get through today and you can get through anything. You're stronger than you think. x

Good morning Tony and thanks as always for your supportive posts. I'm glad you managed a few hours sleep, it does help. Don't work too hard and enjoy your training session at the gym. All we can do is live through today, tomorrow isn't guaranteed so for today give it your best. x

Thanks Dee, you always know the right words to say.

See you all later and I wish you all a better day than yesterday.

Just for today....( Hey Tony, read this!) Just for today I will live through this day only. I will not brood about yesterday or obsess about tomorrow. I will not set far reaching goals or try to overcome all my problems at once. I know that I can do something for 24 hours that would overwhelm me if I had to keep it up for a lifetime. x
Old 04-26-2018, 03:26 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone
Day 4 it’s nice waking up sober but having a hard time getting up and getting motivated thinking of calling the doctor today and getting my medication switch but things haven’t been the best lately no matter how hard I try to stay positive and happy I go right back to a certain place and it’s not fun but still worth fighting for so here is to another sober day all thanks to y’all
Take care everyone thinking of y’all remember to enjoy the little things in life and count your blessings not mistakes!!!!
Red and strawberry hopefully your keeping with it and staying strong
Old 04-26-2018, 03:38 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Good morning April peeps, hope you all slept well and off to a good Thursday start. I did sleep somewhat good, but was a little restless. I agree with Tony though, I will take restless sober sleep over a drunken sleep anytime. Nothing worse than waking up at 3:00 in the morning, mouth so dry it hurts to swallow, and knowing I have to get up and face the world in two short hours!! Horrible feeling, and you would think enough to hate drinking, but 5:00 pm its all forgotten! Sick cycle and one I’m gonna end, for today anyway. No way today, Tonight or tomorrow!! Woke up sober and going to sleep sober, because I have a bunch of people from all over the world cheering for me, giving me advice, and holding me accountable, and it’s pretty freaking awesome. Love to each and everyone of you, and will check in later
Old 04-26-2018, 05:23 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Good morning class! 😁
Old 04-26-2018, 05:50 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Hi again all,
Just popping in quickly whilst I'm having my lunch. I can't believe how cold it is out there and it's blowing a gale too.
Did the mum run, I've done the ironing, cleaned my noisy birdies out and vacuumed, that's quite productive for me. I've done a bit of painting too and I'm going to carry on with that after I've finished lunch.

Hi Nichole and day 4 is good. I think it's a good idea for you to speak to your doctor to discuss your meds, what've you got to lose? Do it, get all the help you can. Look after yourself and keep posting.

Hi Donny, urghh those drunken semi sleeps, don't miss them. I've noticed to that I no longer wake up with my heart racing so that can only be a good thing. I agree, it is awesome having the support of all these good people here, they are like my 'other' family. I hope work is kind to you today.

Hi Chick, I hope your day is going well.

Hope you're okay Erratic, stop lurking in the background and get posting. Is there any news on the baby front yet?

Hello Strawberry and Red, I hope you are both having a good, sober day. Been thinking about you both. I hope to hear from you later. xxx

Catch up with you all again later. xx
Old 04-26-2018, 06:06 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Day 2

Best wishes all

Old 04-26-2018, 06:08 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Daisybelle 💜💜💜
Old 04-26-2018, 08:09 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Good morning guys. Day 3
Old 04-26-2018, 09:40 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Workout done.

Still feel out of shape.

Need to just grind it out over the next few weeks.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:03 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Day 2 in progress. What a difference a day makes.

I feel lucky to feel this good in such short time. I guess having been sober 1/2 of Feb and 1/2 of March kept my head above water.....grateful for that!

We have dinner out with friends on Saturday. I'll need to keep my guard up for sure.

Thanks for the support! For the record, I'm better at giving advice than taking it and I'm working on receiving part.

Have a great day!
Old 04-26-2018, 01:32 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

hello all!
finally got to the forum. a busy day!
headed out of town with the three kiddos--and boy, there is a lot to pack, etc.
i always like to clean the house before i leave on a trip so when i get back it is relaxing (or if i die, no one thinks i was too much of a slob!)
dog sitter scheduled
nails painted
groceries bought for the cooler

now at work until late tonight.
i am looking forward to getting away and spending most of the weekend outside --sunny and warm here, finally!

also, i am running (shuffling/walking) a 13-mile race on sunday. i am not in great shape for it, but i will complete it. i have done marathons and half-marathons in the distant past, and signing up for this one was a way to make myself "just do it."

another good reason to quit drinking....training is virtually impossible on the binge cycle. although, when i was younger, i ran several races completely wasted. ...

it's amazing what one can do to keep all of the plates spinning...and to keep up appearances. but it eventually catches up, and the plates come crashing down one by one until the whole world is watching....a person standing in shards, bloody feet, and holding a bunch of sticks.

i chose to drop the sticks and walk on the shards to get to reality...
so worth it.

have a great day folks!

Old 04-26-2018, 03:28 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Good evening all, just doing my bedtime check in. I hope you've all had a good, sober day. I've just had a bath and got my p.j's on so I'm all relaxed. I'm reading a good thriller at the moment that my daughter passed onto me, it's called 'the couple next door' can't wait to start the next chapter. I love reading and I can't get anything done once I get my head stuck in a book. I read on my kindle too but I still love the feel and the smell of 'real' books.

Nearly on day 3 now 5upersonic, welcome to our class and I've just noticed that you're from the U.K too. Get that 3rd day under your belt and you'll be whizzing along.

Right back at you Donny. xx

Hi bluedog, day 3 is awesome.

Hi Tony and I bet you're in much better shape than you were just a few weeks back. Don't be so hard on yourself, you're doing great. I hope you manage to get a bit of sleep tonight.

Hiya Neverthought, those previous sober days in Feb and March all add up, you've had plenty of practice and now you're onto the real deal. Think about how you are going to get round eating out on Saturday, could you possible volunteer to drive? Ha ha, I think we're all better at giving advice than taking it, I'm the worlds worst.

Hiya 3trees, that really was a busy day. I hope you have a fab weekend with your kiddo's. Good on you for doing a 13 mile race, is it for charity? I've done a couple in the past for our local hospice. Whatever the reason, I hope you do really well. I love your description of the plates spinning and crashing down etc, what a brilliant way to explain keeping up appearances.

Right I'm done. Sleep well, or good morning if you're in Dee land. Stay sober and we'll meet here again tomorrow. Much love to you all.
Old 04-26-2018, 03:53 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  
Administrator

Night DaisyBelle

welcome 5upersonic and NT

whats everyones plan for the weekend?
D
Old 04-26-2018, 05:48 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

3trees that is awesome!!! Have a wonderful weekend and God bless you, 13 miles!! I would need an ambulance to be waiting at the 5 mile markc022
Old 04-26-2018, 05:55 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

]3trees that is awesome!!! Have a wonderful weekend and God bless you, 13 miles!! I would need an ambulance to be waiting at the 5 mile mark!!
Old 04-26-2018, 05:57 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Quick check in...

Have great night everyone xo
Old 04-26-2018, 05:58 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Don’t know why that posted twice but goodnight everyone!!
Old 04-26-2018, 06:27 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

i notice my evenings contain a lot of sugar intake. ice cream is the go-to.
tonight at work, there was an event, and it had plates and plates of sweets and i ate quite a few.

i have always had a sweet tooth, but it seems a need more than a want lately.

i am guessing this is part of the deal? i have read others say their sugar cravings are through the roof, but if i don't eat sugar at night, i am kind of grumpy!

anyone else?