SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Non-alcoholic drink options (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/426403-non-alcoholic-drink-options.html)

clickonrick 04-15-2018 03:32 PM

Non-alcoholic drink options

Hi all,

I've done a search for this, and can't find a suitable thread in existence (I'm sure it does exist somewhere - so feel free to point me that way!).

So many of you on here feel there are likeable, non-alcohol drinks available for nights out (or nights in, as my wife continues to have a regular glass of wine) but I've yet to track down anything I really like.

Except Diet Coke. And additives and caffeine mean a third round of the stuff in an evening really isn't an option!

Heck, I'll survive on sparkling water or whatever. But thought you might have a recommendation to try.

D122y 04-15-2018 03:57 PM

I drink water usually. In the morning I have some apple cider vinegar with water. It goes down like the vodka used to except it is good for me.

Rar 04-15-2018 03:58 PM

I drink seltzer with a twist of lime or lemon and all sorts of flavored sparkling waters which are additive free. I have developed a passion for diet ginger beer. It does have sucralose, but the taste and zip are very satisfying to me.

least 04-15-2018 04:00 PM

I like good old orange juice. :)

Porcetta 04-15-2018 08:58 PM

Feel you pain here !

I go through sparkling water like there's no tomorrow (I dont even like water).

Tasty non-alcoholic are either (or both) loaded with sugar and expensive as all hell.

Diet Ginger Beer with LOTS of ice is my flash drink !

I heard an interesting combo if heading out: soda, lots of ice, lime and a splash of chili sauce inside (the Capsaicin gives you a bit of a natural kick). - looking forward to trying that.

Dee74 04-15-2018 09:38 PM

sparkling water for me :)

D

Delilah1 04-15-2018 10:31 PM

I have a few go to drinks:

Arizona Zero (I do the caffeine free for evenings)

Sparkling water, and sometimes I mix it with orange juice, or Minute Maid 15 calorie juice

Crystal light raspberry

La Croix sparkling flavored waters

Lemon or lime iced water

I am still guilty of too much caffeine during the day, I like Coke Zero and Diet Dr. Pepper.

Snowydelrico 04-15-2018 10:43 PM

Sparkling water, green tea or coffee.
But mainly sparking water

entropy1964 04-16-2018 05:42 AM

I drink lots of Le Croix. I also like to add the Monin sugar free flavors to the plain le croix. Torani is good too but not as good as the Monin.

I infuse water with different stuff. My two favorite combos are lemon, orange ginger or strawberry, cucumber mint. I get really sick of plain water.

I love green tea with honey, iced or hot. I also take fruit flavored herb teas and make them into iced teas. There's an endless number to choose from.

biminiblue 04-16-2018 05:45 AM

I pretty much only drink water after my one cup of coffee in the morning. With my dinner I may get fancy and put a slice of lemon in the water. If I'm feeling super frisky, a couple ice cubes.

tomsteve 04-16-2018 05:57 AM

chocolate milk- goes with anything any time.

Yixi 04-16-2018 05:58 AM

I love Asda's Cream Soda , their cherries and berries squash and Twinings ginger and lemon herbal tea. Failing that sparkling water hits the spot.

(I swear I don't have shares in Asda by the way :-) Just happens that I find their stuff tasty and reasonably priced).

Yixi 04-16-2018 06:03 AM

Sorry - meant to say Diet Cream Soda and Diet cherries and berries squash - low on sugar. (He*lls teeth - I do sound like I work there. Sorry).

August252015 04-16-2018 06:12 AM

Water fan here too
Also, Pellegrino (specifically, though some other good ones are ok too) with lots of lime
Diet Ginger Ale

Coffee in the am - I love various brands of Vanilla- then all that other stuff during the day, with a Diet Coke thrown in maybe 3 days a week around lunchtime.

I'm never shy about "just" having water.

Canuckleman45 04-16-2018 06:33 AM

I usually have Club Soda with a shot of lemon juice throughout the day. Coffee of course. LOL. WAAAAAy too much coffee now actually. theres always a variety of pop, juice etc in the fridge. No booze in our fridge anymore. My wife still drinks her 1-3 glasses of red wine, but that bad boy stays on the counter.

CAC1013 04-16-2018 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by clickonrick (Post 6861918)
Hi all,

I've done a search for this, and can't find a suitable thread in existence (I'm sure it does exist somewhere - so feel free to point me that way!).

So many of you on here feel there are likeable, non-alcohol drinks available for nights out (or nights in, as my wife continues to have a regular glass of wine) but I've yet to track down anything I really like.

Except Diet Coke. And additives and caffeine mean a third round of the stuff in an evening really isn't an option!

Heck, I'll survive on sparkling water or whatever. But thought you might have a recommendation to try.

I hear ya about the caffeine. Here’s what I like: a club soda or sparkling water with a splash of ginger ale and a twist of lime. I keep the ginger ale to a minimum because even though there are some healthier non fructose corn syrup options, most of them have a lot of sugar.

trachemys 04-16-2018 10:29 AM

Water, coffee, tea(black, green, iced, hot), flavored seltzer(I found a blood orange that's great).

I avoid sodas. Really bad for you. I just don't like sweet beverages.

daveglass1 04-16-2018 10:35 AM

Im with the diet cream soda and diet ginger beer brigade. But I do have diet coke if Im feeling rebellious!
Dave 🤠

teaorcoffee 04-16-2018 01:05 PM

Tonic water, green tea, ginger beer.

REM700 04-16-2018 01:37 PM

Sparkling water with cranberry or grapefruit juice is pretty solid.

If I'm at home, I'll either use the Soda Stream or crack open a few cans of LaCroix.