Notices

So...

Old 04-14-2018, 12:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So...

I made it to 60 days and Thursday night I drank. All night and all day. It's Saturday morning and I am starting to sober up. I am absolutely disgusted with myself. I can't keep letting my kids see this. My husband is sleeping in another room. I don't even remember yesterday. I have bruises all over my legs and I don't know how they got there. I just want to be better 😔😔 it's 1 am and my mouth tastes horrible. I could just die. How did I get to 60 days and then mess up so badly??
Old 04-14-2018, 12:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

KG.
I just wanted to send some hugs and support your way. I know exactly how you feel right now. Been there too mant times to think about.
I have no words of wisdom for you as I am so new here too but I know that others will be along soon with sound advice.
Try to drink water and eat something. Facing the hubby and kids is so tough....I really understand that.

Ask lots of questions on the forums and read around in SR.
C xx
Old 04-14-2018, 12:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cuckoo View Post
KG.
I just wanted to send some hugs and support your way. I know exactly how you feel right now. Been there too mant times to think about.
I have no words of wisdom for you as I am so new here too but I know that others will be along soon with sound advice.
Try to drink water and eat something. Facing the hubby and kids is so tough....I really understand that.

Ask lots of questions on the forums and read around in SR.
C xx
Thank you. I know I have to get this right this time. I can't even begin to tell you how embarrassed I am. I completely ruined everything.
Old 04-14-2018, 12:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Fundamentally always remember not to take the first drink. You will never be in this position again then: so get hope and positivity from that knowledge.

Secondly, even with the knowledge of this then this may be impossible to do without a solid recovery plan in place which is leading to emotional, psychological, spiritual growth on a daily basis. Check out some AA meetings if you haven’t already and the program of AA provides this recovery to achieve lasting content sobriety. There are also other paths to take which all basically achieve a similar goal.

If you remain honest, open-minded and willing to what is required on a daily basis you are in a good mindset for solid recovery to occur.
Old 04-14-2018, 12:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hugs to you.

Well, if this was an experiment to see if your off-switch gets fixed or reset after a couple of months I suppose you got a fairly conclusive result to learn by.

How's about getting to a meeting today. No matter how much you don't want to (It's the meetings we want to go to least that we need to go to the most.)

Today is a new day. It can be a sober one.

BB x
Old 04-14-2018, 01:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

In life we all fall at some point or other the important thing is to get back up as quickly as possible form the position that we find ourselves in. Identify what caused the fall and find ways to avoid it happening again.
60 days is great don't give up, get up and keep the momentum going.
Old 04-14-2018, 01:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Berrybean View Post
Hugs to you.

Well, if this was an experiment to see if your off-switch gets fixed or reset after a couple of months I suppose you got a fairly conclusive result to learn by.

How's about getting to a meeting today. No matter how much you don't want to (It's the meetings we want to go to least that we need to go to the most.)

Today is a new day. It can be a sober one.

BB x
I seriously told myself I could stop at a couple. What a lie. I knew it was a lie and I did it anyway. I don't even know how much I drank. I am laying here trying to remember. I guess it doesn't even matter. I had one. That was too many. 😳
Old 04-14-2018, 01:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dustitoffman View Post
In life we all fall at some point or other the important thing is to get back up as quickly as possible form the position that we find ourselves in. Identify what caused the fall and find ways to avoid it happening again.
60 days is great don't give up, get up and keep the momentum going.
I know you're right. I don't even want to face my family. I am feeling like such a failure. But I know I can do it. I just have to keep telling myself that
Old 04-14-2018, 01:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brighterday1234 View Post
Fundamentally always remember not to take the first drink. You will never be in this position again then: so get hope and positivity from that knowledge.

Secondly, even with the knowledge of this then this may be impossible to do without a solid recovery plan in place which is leading to emotional, psychological, spiritual growth on a daily basis. Check out some AA meetings if you haven’t already and the program of AA provides this recovery to achieve lasting content sobriety. There are also other paths to take which all basically achieve a similar goal.

If you remain honest, open-minded and willing to what is required on a daily basis you are in a good mindset for solid recovery to occur.
Thank you.