Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Guys no more birthday gifts I’m running out of space! Day 12 🎂

Notices

Old 04-13-2018, 06:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

After arranging so many party’s of late I think I might head down the party planner route 🎂🍰🎁 lol! But seriously just 2 more days and I’ll be 14, or 2 weeks or half a month whatever way I think of it haha!!

Yesterday was a nice day went out with my dad who let’s just say we’ve had a rocky journey through life together (another days tail) but he is in the last stages of being treated for troath cancer, he’s looking good and feeling well and doctors say it’s responding very well “I am grateful for my dad getting his life together”! We then went to my brothers grave as I had bought a lantern and candles so I wanted to bring them “I am grateful for my brother looking down on me to make sure I’m okay”! And then to my nanas grave and lit some candles in the church “I am grateful for having my nana as part of my life”! Found a lovely little cafe and had some lunch then a big hike up the mountain with the dog “I am grateful for my dog 💖”

Anyway on the way back I wanted to “look” at dysons as mine had died “sad day but great excuse to not vacuum 😂”.. when I say “look” that really was my intention but I’m the worst person at blowing money! I seem to have no value on it... and trust me I don’t get paid enough to be like this!! I think growing up (I’m 31) we didn’t really have lots of money so we made do and I kinda have the attitude if we don’t have it sure we will go without (not very often but still not point) any advice in this department greatly appreciated!!

Que sales man..... this dyson was 599 today on sale for 349 😮 “dad it’s faith, mine is broken this is on sale... jeez maybe we should bye 2 at that price (I didn’t)!! I’m sure if he had have said I’ll knock 5euro off I still would have bought it!! So home I went happy as a pig in s**t (is that an Irish saying??)!! Danced around to music and vacuumed for a while, the novelty of a cordless vacuum soon wore off (I swear I used to be cool) stick with me I’ll try regain some coolness over the coming months 😂😂! Went for a lovely dinner with my bf as he flew to the us to be with his mom this morning until Sunday! This brings to the next part!

2 days at home without him and the kids are with their dad it’s a big “test” not that I want to look at it like that! Went for a walk with a friend this morning and will do some cleaning and lots of reading today! I only thought about what to do tonight, this morning! I plan on a take away (another one 🐷 it has to stop) and a facial and a hot bath, maybe a chick flick! Hopefully I will be tired by then and sleep! Tomorrow I have made no plans YET, and Sunday I’m going shopping with my mom and little girl! I don’t want to get cocky and say “I’m fine on my own for 2 days I got this” but I also don’t want to have to plan everything to tee when being left for a few days! I understand it’s only day 12 but I feel I have to prove (to myself and family) that I CAN do this! I WILL NOT listen to my AV and I will feel stronger once it’s sunday because of this!

“Just when the caterpillar thought its life was over, it became a beautiful butterfly”🦋xx
Old 04-13-2018, 06:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I mean - if you like dancing - try this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rQChV3kU2xg
Im sure all will be fine on your 2 days of freedom - your new happy brain will think of loads to do. Why not see if theres a cheap spa deal on Wowcher? Nice 'n lazy. How I wish for that ! Too busy working 🤔🤔🤔 - but its a plan.
🤠 Dave
Old 04-13-2018, 06:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lol Dave everyone should play that song when cleaning... have a dance and get the dopamine going 🧚🏼*♂️!! I’ve just got back into pjs and am kind of looking forward to a day “off” now!! Not that I have been working this week but have spent each day busy to keep my mind focused! That’s what I mean by the “test” does the AV scream when bored?? Or does it happen anytime! I believe I’m strong enough for 2 days probably more if I had to but I don’t want to test my theory and actually end up fighting it for 2 days and being miserable! I hope that makes sense? It did in my head lol
Old 04-13-2018, 07:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

No expert - and not to draw any type of comparison. I consider it to be a temptation. Like the custard cream I just turned down cos I was strong enough - Like the ex lover now divorced who lives near - happy ideas but no I wont be eating or a - knocking. Life is great and as Ive hardly touched a drop in 5 weeks - which means I did but I have mentioned that previously - why ruin something so "wonderfuel!!!"(Sobriety - fuel of wonder - nice one Dave &#129312
Life can be re-started - and this journey has begun - make the two days and the rest of your future be fully fuelled.
Regards to the Birthday Girl getting older by the day.
Dave 🤠
Old 04-13-2018, 08:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

“Wonderfuel” I like it haha! I can’t believe it’s after 4pm already!! Today has flown by! I am just working a little on my “plan” and chatting here has helped! The AV has been very quite! But I definitely think I will plan something for tomorrow! Not for the whole day but so I know when I wake I have that particular thing to do and it will break up the day! Before I know it it will be Sunday! Also I don’t want it to seem like I’m wishing my life away!! I’m not... just as I said the “test” weekend!!
Old 04-13-2018, 08:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Dont make it "a test" - dont let it be "a test" - there can only be a positive "result". Exercise seems to be a winner - whatever it is you like doing in that area - sets off some " oans " in your brain apparently. The cinema as well - there's a new scary one out might be word some popcorn for.
Regards
Dave 🤠
Old 04-13-2018, 08:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Endorphins!! - "Ins" "Oans" - same thing
🤠