Notices

Day 31 and counting

Old 04-11-2018, 10:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 31 and counting

Still cherishing every morning that I wake up without a hangover. I've been keeping myself very busy with tasks around the house and rekindling old hobbies.

The past 3 weeks have been great. I've been getting out of the house every weekend and spending time with my kids, friends and family.

I've been eating very healthy and have lost 10lbs so far. I've cut out processed foods and eating mosting organic foods.

For the last 2 days I've really been struggling with fatigue. Where I was once popping up out of bed after 6 -7 hours of great sleep, I'm now struggling to pull myself out of bed after 8 - 9 hours of sleep.

Don't get me wrong, feeling tired all day is child's play compared to dealing with a massive hangover. I'll take exhaustion over a hangover any day.

I know it's still very early and my poor body is trying desperately to heal and repair all of the damage I've done. Just thought I'd check in and leave a note. I recently went back and read some of my old posts of quit attempts and find it very interesting to try to figure out what the hell I was thinking..

I think I'm going to start journaling. I'd like to have a record of how my thoughts and feelings change along this journey.

I know I don't post much, but I'd like to thank everyone who takes the time to support and reach out to people struggling through addiction. It takes a lot of courage to find this place and even more to open up and post a thread. I've read through so many threads on here that I could have written myself. It's amazing how so many of us experience the same thoughts and feelings, yet we can feel so alone in this world.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 31 days REM!
Old 04-11-2018, 10:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

31 days is fantastic!

It sounds like you're doing really well. I also found that recovery was not a straight line, especially in the early days. You're right that your body is still healing and doing what it needs to do. Your patience and perseverance will pay off.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on the first of many sober months. Keep going, it gets better.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats REM. I had no energy to speak of for the first 90 days - I tried to take care of myself with diet, sleep and exercise.

Things worked out.
Naturally I hope your experience will be less than 90 days

D