Notices

Well well well double didgits... day 10

Old 04-11-2018, 02:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well well well double didgits... day 10

Happy birthday to me happy birthday to me.... I feel so grown up lol!! So today I’m 10 ha, and it feels BLOODY GOOD! Yesterday I had a meeting with a guy from my treatment program, it was tough and I cried was there for longer than I thought when I left and got back to my car there was a guy giving me a ticket! 120euro 🙄 usually I would have been angry but where would that have got me? Anyway I called the company, paid with my card and he took it off! I joked and said “you could have just given me the key” his response was “I’m having one of those days I nearly would, I hate this job”.. another girl had been clamped, the car park is right beside a courthouse and I heard her crying to him saying “her husband had just been sentenced to 3 years and she needed the car to get her children from school”she didn’t have the money she lived 2 hrs away! It got me thinking about how bad other people’s situations are when put against our own!

What I’m trying to say is sometimes we can get so wrapped up in “poor me” it can overwhelm us and swallow us if we allow it! So no “pitty party’s” allowed for me this week instead just inviting you all to my 10th birthday, there will be cake and balloons and some fresh leamonade lol!! I’ll be even older tomorrow so I’ll have another party then and each day that follows, all the way until I forget how “old” I am!

I hope everyone has a great day, keep the chin up and your feet on the ground and whatever steps you take big or small today is a step in the right direction! “Just when the caterpillar thought its life was over, it became a beautiful butterfly” 🦋xx
Old 04-11-2018, 04:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I love the "sound" of your sobriety! Happy birthday. Soon you'll be so "old" that you'll have to start counting weeks instead of days...then months instead of weeks...I'm thirteen months old soon...keep enjoying your new life!
Old 04-11-2018, 07:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

And not long after that you can start inviting us all to "Maccies" for MacParties but remember - only choose your favourite 6 - we cant afford to take everyone.
Dave 🤠
Old 04-11-2018, 07:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arpeggioh View Post
I love the "sound" of your sobriety! Happy birthday. Soon you'll be so "old" that you'll have to start counting weeks instead of days...then months instead of weeks...I'm thirteen months old soon...keep enjoying your new life!
Thank you x
I hope you’re well 😊
Old 04-11-2018, 07:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by daveglass1 View Post
And not long after that you can start inviting us all to "Maccies" for MacParties but remember - only choose your favourite 6 - we cant afford to take everyone.
Dave 🤠
Are “Mac party’s” a “thing” over there? I’m living in the wrong country! Maybe I could afford the flight and host it for my 1000th birthday 🎂
Old 04-11-2018, 08:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
No More Hiding

Grats on 10 days - loving the positive attitude!

Much Love
Old 04-11-2018, 09:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Newway7 View Post

Much Love
Thank you x
Old 04-11-2018, 01:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Newway7 View Post

Much Love
Thank you x
Old 04-11-2018, 04:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on day 10

D