Notices

Can't walk except to drive to local shops

Old 04-10-2018, 07:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Can't walk except to drive to local shops

I started drinking vodka instead. 4 days 5 bottles. I can drive to the shops next door and practically crawl in to get my smokes and some sort of breàd orcheese to eat. People stare at me. I had a couple of days off and no improvement. I am terrified I have permanent brain damage. I can't get to the grocery store. I can't get to AA as I couldn't walk from the carpark. If there is a slight incline I have to walk down I can barely manage it. I still have no hot water and it is cooling down. What do I do if I can't even get to AA. I am white knuckling it. I am 50. Has my body just given up. Have no idea how to recover ATM. Has anyone else experienced this.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

When was your last drink?
Old 04-10-2018, 07:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My opinion for what its worth is to put AA on the backburner and seek medical advice asap.
Regards
Dave 🤠
Old 04-10-2018, 07:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sweetichick, I feel that you should call an ambulance to take you to the ER for an evaluation and/or medically supervised detox.

I am very concerned for you.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I will make an appointment with my doctor tomorrow. If I call an ambulance it's too hard to get home on public transport. I can park right outside the doctors and should be able to make it in. I have valium but it's not helping. I am supposed to be seeing a neurologist but have been waiting a year. My mother has walking problems but nothing like mine. This is my third day off the 4 day binge.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by sweetichick View Post
I will make an appointment with my doctor tomorrow. If I call an ambulance it's too hard to get home on public transport. I can park right outside the doctors and should be able to make it in. I have valium but it's not helping. I am supposed to be seeing a neurologist but have been waiting a year. My mother has walking problems but nothing like mine. This is my third day off the 4 day binge.
You need urgent medical help asap Sweetichick. If you are drinking that much and taking valium your life is at risk. Driving yourself anywhere is absolutely out of the question - please don't risk the lives of others around you as well.

Last edited by ScottFromWI; 04-10-2018 at 08:19 AM.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I shouldnt have thought that youd be coming home from my visions of what you are describing - not today anyway. The hospital can sort the transport out.
Regards
Dave
Old 04-10-2018, 08:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Doctor. ER. Now.
Old 04-10-2018, 08:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Please don't drive anywhere. If you are so unsteady you can't walk you certainly shouldn't be driving. You're very likely to kill someone.please see your doctor or go to the er
Old 04-10-2018, 08:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Any chance you got any phone numbers when you were going to AA meetings? If you did, maybe call somebody to see if they can give you a ride to and from the hospital. Otherwise, I also suggest calling an ambulence. The hospital will figure out what to do once you are there. I wouldn't put it off. John
Old 04-10-2018, 09:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

If I were you I'd call an ambulance and then call some AA folks from the ER. I'm sure someone will be able to get you back home.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Please let us know you’re okay! And please don’t dare get in the car! Could your doctor do a house call? Otherwise I would suggest an ambulance! No one can give you medical advice 1; because we can’t see you and 2; we’re not doctors! But you do have everyone behind you supporting you! Please take care and get to er as soon as you can! Please let us know you’re okay x
Old 04-10-2018, 10:37 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick View Post
I started drinking vodka instead. 4 days 5 bottles. I can drive to the shops next door and practically crawl in to get my smokes and some sort of breàd orcheese to eat. People stare at me. I had a couple of days off and no improvement. I am terrified I have permanent brain damage. I can't get to the grocery store. I can't get to AA as I couldn't walk from the carpark. If there is a slight incline I have to walk down I can barely manage it. I still have no hot water and it is cooling down. What do I do if I can't even get to AA. I am white knuckling it. I am 50. Has my body just given up. Have no idea how to recover ATM. Has anyone else experienced this.
You can make it to get booze, you can make it to get help. Call your insurance company to schedule inpatient rehab.
Until your intake date, call your local AA hotline, there will be people there happy to give you a ride to meetings.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:40 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Forward 12
I understand what you are saying but being in the OP's situation many times, there's a big difference between going to a meeting shaking like a leaf and smelling of alcohol, and making it to a store to get some relief. The only thing I'm focused on when I feel like I am at death's door is to find a way to survive. Addicts look for immediate relief. That's what addicts do. Just my opinion. John
Old 04-10-2018, 02:38 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you go to the doctors today Sweetichick. This sounds like a genuine emergency.

D
Old 04-11-2018, 12:05 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi Sweetichick,

I hope you have t checked back in because you are detoxing at the hospital. I really think you need to look into rehab at this point. You have tried using this site, and AA, and neither seem to be enough support. I hope you went to the hospital, and I hope they can help you get into a program.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:11 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Oh sweetheart. You need help. Please get to a doctor or ER. wish I was there to give you a hug and help you xxx
Old 04-11-2018, 11:49 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

How are you doing Sweetichick?
Old 04-14-2018, 02:02 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hey thanks for asking. I went to the doctor and he said I have slight brain damage which is affecting my balance. I went off the valium and can walk much better. Unfortunately I went back to drinking. Detox is a month wait . My psychiatrist is happy to supervise detox. Maybe if I stock up on smokes and food I can stay in my house for a few days. I really can't walk on valium. I will also ask him about other drugs. Can't afford inpatient.
Old 04-14-2018, 02:12 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I still have valium left but aren't game to take it.