SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Title: No Title (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/426022-title-no-title.html)

ScottT 04-07-2018 07:59 AM

Title: No Title

90 days sober, gonna be 60 in a month. I feel pretty good and can't fathom a massive hangover. Looking for new employment witch can be a little daunting since I don't like a lot of idiot people I see out and about.
Winter is hanging around too long, how do I cop a better attitude?
Sorry for the negativity, gonna go to Planet Fitness and watch < 30 year olds stare at their devices. Do have The Masters to watch this afternoon !

Culture 04-07-2018 08:49 AM

Congrats on 90 days ScottT :c011:

Dustitoffman 04-07-2018 02:44 PM

Scott

90 days is FAB well that's the hard bit out of the way👍🏻
I hear a lot about gratitude lists as opening the mind to positive thoughts. I think that I should start one myself!

Happy days.

daredevil 04-07-2018 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by ScottT (Post 6852268)
Sorry for the negativity, gonna go to Planet Fitness and watch < 30 year olds stare at their devices.

Makes the 90 days even more impressive!
Congratulations on 90.

Rar 04-07-2018 03:02 PM

90 days is awesome! Congratulations! :You_Rock_

JimiC 04-07-2018 03:57 PM

Wonderful, keep going! LMAO about the young ones at PF with their devices, I’ll be there tomorrow.

Dee74 04-07-2018 06:28 PM

Congrats on 90 Scott :)

D

wynwrights 04-07-2018 06:42 PM

Very well done indeed on 90 days; terrific stuff! And point taken about staring into a phone: I’m going to put my down now and do something else. Best to you!

Buckley3 04-08-2018 04:00 AM

'Grats on 90 days. Boy can I relate to interacting in the world... God give me strength... :)

-B

Berrybean 04-08-2018 04:10 AM

Congrats on the sober time.

How to cop a better attitude? Well, one big step for me was in stopping criticising others for their character defects and turn my defect-detector on myself, so I could start the longer and harder job of becoming willing to change, and then actually taking steps to actually change.

Gratitude is another biggie. I find that for most things I moan about, there is some kernel of gratitude in there that I can choose to focus on instead. It makes more of a difference to my day, and my attitude than I ever thought it could or would. Worth a go if you haven't tried it.

Might be worth having a look (or another look) through the threads about making recovery plans. There's some great ideas in there.

BB

PS Re career changes / job searches. Have you considered volunteering in an area that interests you? It would mean you d get to spend time with others who have a shared interest (rather than the screen gazing 30-somethings), boost your CV, and volunteering is great for our recovery.