Notices

Hello! New User. 53 Days sober and counting

Old 04-07-2018, 09:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Little Baby Bum

Hello! New User. 53 Days sober and counting

Hi All! Just wanted to say hello. I hope to read and share stuff here. A little about what lead me to become sober once and for all. I went through a few things, for example:
  • Loss of jobs due to drinking
  • DUI
  • Hospitlization because I passed out in a parking lot from a blackout (no DUI shocking)
  • Hit & Run a stop sign, and car wreck due to it (had a good lawyer so charges dropped)
  • Breakup from GF and away from my son due to drinking
  • Rehab for 2 weeks (did not help much)
  • A lot more things i can't remember

Anyways, I figured enough was enough. So now I am sober. But still got anger issues I am trying to work on. I am back at my parents which helps a lot. Glad my Gf and I broke up as well because she caused me a lot of stress I felt. But unhappy that our son will have separated parents. Either way, that's life. I am in the process of rebuilding at the moment. One thing different this time is that I no longer feel I need alcohol to have a fun life. I believe I never had this feeling before when I tried to quit. I also do not want to drink and drive and potentially kill someone. I spend most of my days inside the house studying for my professional exam and chilling. I am also currently doing therapy online with a licensed therapist about my anger issues. Oh mediation is probably the biggest part of my life now.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi! I’m also a newbi and everyone seems so lovely! Well done on day 53 I’m only 6, but each day is another day ehhh?? Sorry to hear you have had so much going on! I completely understand! I hope we both find the strength to continue this road as I know it will lead to better things!
Old 04-07-2018, 09:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard MrClean. Hope to hear more from you in future.
Old 04-07-2018, 10:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

welcome mrclean. i can really relate to the anger. i didnt have it much for the 1st month or so, but once the mental fog lifted- oh man!
it took a while learning the why of it all and how to change, but it was well worth going through it all- i can get frustrated at times but very rarely get angry.
Old 04-09-2018, 01:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
AA Member

how are you today MrClean123 ?

Old 04-09-2018, 01:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome MrClean!