Notices

thinking things will be different

Old 04-06-2018, 01:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

thinking things will be different

I'm just frustrated right now. I keep thinking if I move here or there, things will be better. I think I got if from my mother. Life is always better somewhere else. I know this is not true. I've moved a lot and sometimes the grass isn't always greener. Sometimes it can be brown and dieing. I have been looking to living overseas, but really don't see how that would make a difference except financially. I can live much better in other countries, but I'm still stuck with the same problem. I'd have a lot to do checking new things out, but eventually, I have to live a normal life there, doing the same mundane things with nothing to live for except waking up to another day. I can do the same thing where I'm at right now.
I don't have much money, but figured what makes sense is to just travel to enrich my life and be happy for what I have and that's a lot. That's a lot more than a lot of people.
Time to squeeze my wallet open and enjoy what life has. John
Old 04-06-2018, 01:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

John, Things are only different if you make the difference. You are right about the fact that once the honeymoon period is over, you are back to doing the same old stuff wherever you are.
However, hanging where you are and making some decisions about what you really want out of life before moving might hlp you to make a change that really is different.
Old 04-06-2018, 01:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
... with nothing to live for except waking up to another day.
Go down to the animal shelter and see if the kittens and puppies are happy to see you.
Make someone else happy.
It feels amazing.

Best of Luck on Your Journey.
Old 04-06-2018, 01:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

John, you are absolutely right that moving can usually only change things initially. And, then it's back to the regular chores, job and life. I think that travelling is an awesome idea.
Old 04-06-2018, 02:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I believe that's called 'pulling a geographical'. I can move and move, looking for some 'place' to make things different, but the same old me is always there. So I think its good start by changing me, as opposed to my location.

Now if you're talking travel.....that's a different story. Sounds great to me!
Old 04-06-2018, 02:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I like the traveling idea too, John. You've talked about wanting to do it before - I think it would help you learn a lot about yourself.