Notices

Feel like death

Old 04-05-2018, 03:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feel like death

I’m rock bottom. Ex moving on with her life, me struggling. I don’t like this anymore
Old 04-05-2018, 03:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What's going on Stew? Are you drinking?

This may not sound very nice , but there is a reason we call them an "ex"....its because its OVER and we move on.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((((Stewy)))))

Your ex has moved on and so should you. If I recall, there were problems in the relationship that just couldn't be worked out. Relationship breakups happen to the vast majority of us . We have to get through it and move on.

I am truly very sorry that you are hurting. There is a good life to be lived ahead of you; stay on the path and keep moving forward.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

I know it hurts but, you have to push through it and trust that it is for the best. Things happen for good reasons. It is time to let go and begin a new chapter in your life. This is a challenge so stay sober because you need to face it with a clear, rational mind. This is an opportunity to really show yourself just how powerful you are.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

stewy, here is a thread from a few years ago from an SR friend:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ing-peace.html (Praying for peace)
he went THROUGH it all without drinking.
here is a thread from him today:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...w-friends.html (Just a check in for old and new friends)

if you want to get out from under, youre going to have to follow in the footsteps of those that got out from under. this doing it your way and on your own isnt working very good,dont you think?
ill even put myself into it
my fiance tossed me to the curb the day after my last drunk.
it hurt, but i survived and thrived because i got into action. i didnt do it my way. didnt do it on my own. my way and on my own got me drunk every time, just as what is occurring for you.
i had help from from the program and fellowship of AA.

hoping, once again, you decide to get into action with a recovery program. it;ll be well worth it and well worth going THROUGH the crap.
Old 04-05-2018, 04:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stewy forgive the pun....but it's time to stop stewing.

No amount of thinking wishing or hoping is goign to turn the clock back - and if you're really honest the relationship was not that great anyway by the end.

I know it hurts and it's hard to move on but I'd hate you to miss your todays cos you're stuck looking back at yesterday.

This won't be your last ever relationship I'm confident of that.

But theres other relationships you need to focus on now - chiefly the one with yourself, but also the relationship with your daughter and your parents..

Wallowing in self pity does you no service Stew - you need to get busy living, man.

D
Old 04-05-2018, 04:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Stewy please do not pick up a drink tonight. You have fought tooth and nail for your 11 bloody hard earned days. This is the hardest part Stewy. Feeling the pain and learning new ways of coping. It feels raw I know. Escaping to a bottle is not a strategy. That is gone now.
I hope you get yourself off to bed and can wake up to the freedom of day 12 tomorrow. Take care xxx
Old 04-05-2018, 04:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stewy, you need to focus on yourself and your daughter. Be the best person you can be and the be the best father that you can be.