Notices

Very very sleepy

Old 04-03-2018, 11:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Very very sleepy

I've been sober for a month now (yay!) and I was wondering if others had felt so exhausted and if it lasted this long for them. Some days are better than others but I'm pretty much tired a few hours after I wake up, like I've been up for 24 hours. I know it's not a sign of anything bad with my liver because I've had all the tests, but yeah, can be pretty spooky. On the plus side, I've temporarily cured my insomnia.
Old 04-03-2018, 11:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Im No Scientist

Im imagining senses , the whole nervous system numbed by systematic poisoning. Then errr hello? Im alive!!! Zap Zap Zap - the whole thing is re-booting. ( My thoughts are my own)
Regards
Dave 🤠
Old 04-03-2018, 12:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes for the first three months or so I was very tired. Now I feel.....

.........zzzzzz.
Old 04-03-2018, 12:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's perfectly normal. Good that your getting sleep. My biggest gripe is the insomnia.

Congrats on 30 days!
Old 04-03-2018, 12:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

30 days is a great milestone! You just started counting months!

But your poor body is definitely still healing, and obviously needs some extra rest. In my uneducated opinion, nap like a rock star, man...
Old 04-03-2018, 06:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sarah,
I'm coming up on 9 weeks and yes, I frequently feel very tired. Glad to hear this is not unusual as I expected to constantly feel AMAZING and was getting disappointed!! We'll get there!!!
Old 04-03-2018, 06:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I知 so glad you posted! I just passed 30 days too (go us! ) and I am still sleeping loads and I知 glad to see I知 not alone. I try to be optimistic about it and think: I was awake more hours of the day before I went into recovery, but was unproductive容ither hungover or getting drunk!

But yes, it kinda freaks me out sometimes. I can have woken up only maybe 5 hours before, then take a two hour nap. And I can easily sleep ten hours a night. Aside from physical health recovery, I think I personally am also warding off anxiety, which I used to self medicate with alcohol.

Anyway: you池e definitely not the only one!
Old 04-03-2018, 08:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I felt exhausted for the first 30 days too - a little better by 60 and pretty much ok by 90

Hang in there Sarahsays !

D
Old 04-03-2018, 10:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yes, at 41 days I知 still exhausted. I知 on some medication that I think contributes, but I知 hoping some of it is recovery from booze and will get better. I lack much energy most days, but I sleep like a rock fortunately (I struggle falling asleep though still).
Old 04-04-2018, 06:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It's a big relief for me to know this is really common as I'm a bit of a worrier with this kind of thing. I guess I'm now just part of some big sleepy ex active alcoholic club, haha =)
Old 04-04-2018, 09:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sarahsays View Post
I've been sober for a month now (yay!) and I was wondering if others had felt so exhausted and if it lasted this long for them. Some days are better than others but I'm pretty much tired a few hours after I wake up, like I've been up for 24 hours. I know it's not a sign of anything bad with my liver because I've had all the tests, but yeah, can be pretty spooky. On the plus side, I've temporarily cured my insomnia.
I was very (VERY) tired when I quit. I remember quite a while that I would get an instant need to lie down- a few times I even pulled the car over and napped. I was very ill when I quit and my body (and everything else) had a LOT of healing to do, well past thirty days.

Now, at 25 mo and change, I am very active and still often take naps; this need has ebbed and flowed along with the kind of sleep I have at night and such.

We're all different, but IME and IMO of others, everything improves, stabilizes or becomes identifiable (like, say, me taking sleeping pills) and then able to be addressed. The only way for the good to happen, though - stay sober!

Keep going!