Notices

Some help please

Old 05-11-2018, 11:05 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

(((jj))).
Old 05-11-2018, 04:16 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for the news JJ but the fact the doctors are recommending treatment at your mums age shoes they think she has a great chance of full recovery.

Don't believe the AV lies. Drinking will not help you with this - but leaning on the support you have just might

D.
Old 05-12-2018, 05:18 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Rar

I'm sorry for the news JJ. Lean on us. We're here for you.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:11 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I've been feeling pretty low and I am SO irritable! The sun is out here, it always brings the drinkers out. I've had my moments of "wouldn't it be nice..." but the rational part of my brain is winning out. I was at an event yesterday where alcohol is a huge thing - I reminisced about years gone by but fully accepted it is different for me now.
As I said, the support here really helps. I'll keep posting and use this thread as an outlet I think.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:16 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Rar

Of course you're feeling low - it's okay to feel low and sad. How is your mother today?

"I reminisced about years gone by but fully accepted it is different for me now." . Yes, JJ. It is different. Our ship has sailed - we can no longer drink safely.

Stay strong - post away.......
Old 05-13-2018, 11:23 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I posted just after speaking to my mum earlier. She is fed up, struggling to eat which is really getting her down. There are elements to how she feels that don't make sense - she shouldn't be struggling with food as a result of what the docs can see on the scans - so they are checking everything again before the surgery. It is a waiting game at the moment.
Old 05-13-2018, 04:17 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

continued best wishes and prayers to you both JJ.

D
Old 05-14-2018, 10:42 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks D.
I didn't make it into work today, I let thoughts and anxiety get the better of me
I'm struggling with it all as I work full time, 2 small kids aged 4 and 8. I'm over 300 miles away from my mum which is difficult.
I'm married but my husband and I aren't getting on well really. We've lost communication, he hasn't even given me hug after the news of my mum. I've always used alcohol before having difficult conversations but I can't do that this time so I haven't discussed how I feel with him. I feel I have no energy, I'm just sitting around doing nothing much.
I feel that lots of things need to change but I don't know where to start.
I appreciate this isn't a forum for marriage guidance! It is just helpful for me to write it all down.
Old 05-14-2018, 05:11 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think events like this are hard on everyone alcoholic or not JJ.
Lean on us for support - we have an inexhaustible supply

D
Old 05-15-2018, 04:51 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Rar

Hi JJ - I am sorry you are feeling alone during the times when you need support the most. I feel that way too sometimes. I learned the hard way that drinking won't make you feel less alone. In fact, it makes you feel more alone when you sober up. As Dee says, "Lean on us". We're here for you. You are not alone.
Old 05-18-2018, 04:43 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

You're right that drinking won't ease the loneliness. I don't feel like drinking, I'm coping ok, trying to take one day at a time. I just feel kind of empty.
My "go to" now is either bed (if my girls let me!) or chocolate.
Royal wedding fever tomorrow night take my mind off things!? My mum likes watching a good wedding, we can catch up about it afterwards. I'm not ready to lose my mum
Old 05-18-2018, 04:48 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hugs JJ- prayers and best wishes that you won't have to face that yet

D
Old 05-18-2018, 04:50 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

I know your exhausted but what about doing something with the girls to give your mind some space? You could get them to help you make pancakes and then cut up banana's, drizzle with honey and grate some chocolate over them...they taste awesome and the girls would enjoy spending some fun time with you. x

Edit: and you get some of that lovely chocolate
Old 05-18-2018, 04:51 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Rar

Prayers and best wishes from me too, JJ. As you watch the Royal Wedding, won't it be nice to know you're watching with your Mum?
Old 05-18-2018, 01:06 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Wow, those pancakes sound lovely! Might give that a try... We tend to make cupcakes more, could always try both over the weekend.
Ah Rar, you are so right about watching the wedding knowing my mum is also watching. We can then have a good catch up to discuss all the outfits!!
Thanks both.
Thanks as usual too D