Notices

Hello :)

Old 03-31-2018, 09:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Junkie Trainwreck No More

Hello :)

Haven't posted for a few days since I was having a meltdown after finding out I'm expecting (I'm sad to say I wasn't even sober when I found out) - it was completely unexpected news, I'm not even supposed to be able to GET pregnant, long story.

But the ultrasound said only 5-6 weeks along (that same day, at the hospital) and an embryo less than 2 cm in size. Hopefully no damage has been done.

I haven't touched a drink or drug since or even thought about it.

I got together with my fiancé in December of last year. He proposed on February 10th. And here it is end of March and - yep. To say things are moving at a rapid speed would be an understatement.

But I was having a bath tonight with my Epson salts (lavender scented - great relaxation technique for anyone struggling with anxiety or insomnia!!!) and just felt this wave of peace and calm like everything is going to be okay.

So I'm grateful for another sober day and I hope everyone posting tonight is too. And it not - don't ever quit. We only truly lose when we stop trying.

Much love SR friends. Xo.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to hear you're doing OK JT.

D
Old 03-31-2018, 11:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Aw congrats on your pregnancy! I don't know if I'll ever have kids and actually worry (even if I tried now) all the drinking may have done permanent damage to my fertility..

So I'm sure it's unexpected but I'd see it as a blessing! You may not feel ready but who is ever really ready for these things?? You can do it, and what an awesome positive motivator
Old 04-01-2018, 05:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well congratulations! And extra motivation to stay sober for sure. I never felt better and more at peace than when I was pregnant. Enjoy it. Its an amazing experience.
Old 04-01-2018, 03:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Junkie Trainwreck No More

Originally Posted by Cosima11 View Post
Aw congrats on your pregnancy! I don't know if I'll ever have kids and actually worry (even if I tried now) all the drinking may have done permanent damage to my fertility..

So I'm sure it's unexpected but I'd see it as a blessing! You may not feel ready but who is ever really ready for these things?? You can do it, and what an awesome positive motivator
Oh believe me - I thought the exact same thing. Too much damage. Girl, the amount of booze and drugs I've put into my system if it can happen for me it can happen for anyone.