Notices

6 weeks clean today but still struggling with other issues

Old 03-28-2018, 11:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

6 weeks clean today but still struggling with other issues

hi everyone--im proudly 6 weeks clean today &have been home exactly a week. im currently 27 weeks pregnant with a little boy. my "boyfriend" is still out in active addiction (he shoots speed) &i know how toxic this relationship is to not only my sobriety, but also to my sanity.
im not on drugs anymore, but coming back to this at home is making me so uncomfortable. if you didn't know, im incredibly co-dependent &one of my biggest downfalls is trying to save others when i can't even save myself. i need some kindof insight from anyone.
i will try to set boundaries, but they all come crashing down as soon as i get an email, text, etc from him.
how do i end this? he lies &says he's going to change...but i know how that goes. i think he just says things to keep me hanging on. when i came out of treatment, he made everything sound so good..but nothing changes if nothing changes. i want to help him, but i don't want to jeopardize my recovery or my unborn child anymore. i love him, but i also know that we lack the capacity to love others if we don't love ourselves..im just at a loss. &trying to hang on. any help or encouragement is appreciated.

bB
Old 03-28-2018, 11:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

i guess part of me is hoping to embrace some kindof fellowship with yall on here to combat the loneliness that keeps me entangled with him. im going to pick my daughter up from school now. im going to explore the forums when i return!
Old 03-28-2018, 03:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, beatlebaillie; very glad that you found us.

You will find an abundance of support, understanding and encouragement here.

My suggestion is to stay strongly focused on your recovery and the wellbeing of your soon-to-be born wonderful little guy.

Please don't allow yourself to be swayed or manipulated by your boyfriend. You owe it to yourself and your little one to remain strong and committed to recovery.

We cannot change someone else; it is up to your boyfriend to want and to seek recovery.

There is a wonderful life ahead for you and your son; it is up to your boyfriend to decide if he wants to be a sober and clean part of that goodness.

Again, welcome. so glad that you are here with us.
Old 03-28-2018, 05:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome beatlebaillie

I would definitely focus on you and your baby to be.

I know it's hard to end something tho. Have you considered real life support like AlAnon or NarAnon?

D
Old 03-28-2018, 06:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad that you posted.

Please put all your focus on you and your unborn child, and of course, your daughter as well. Staying sober is the most important thing you can do now for yourself and your baby. Do whatever you have to do to set strong and firm boundaries.

I hope that you continue to read and post.