SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 3 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/425574-day-3-a.html)

Stew1984 03-28-2018 01:09 AM

Day 3

It痴 like starting the relationship grieving process now rather than a year ago when I moved out.

The main problem that caused that = booze

So I知 on day 3, not letting up, chucked every single can and bottle out of the house I had bags full of empties, all now gone

Got pains in my chest got to get this girl out my head but now I知 not drinking I知 sure things will ease with time

Midwest1981 03-28-2018 05:33 AM

great job on day 3! I hope the pain from the break up eases. Focus on your sobriety and you will be ready for that right person in time! :)

ilovedogs3801 03-28-2018 05:36 AM

Me too!

Hi Stew, glad to see your post, I too am on day 3 and I, too lay in bed last night having chest pains. Scared the heck out of me, but feel better this morning. I'm so ready to have all this poison out of my system, looking forward to hearing your progress! Every day for me is going to be a challenge, I'm taking it one day at a time. Good luck, sorry to hear about your relationship but there's something better out there for you!

2ndhandrose 03-28-2018 05:46 AM

Yay for day 3, Stewie :)

You can do this! You can do hard things! You can face your pain and come out the other side!

There will be good days and less good days, you can be victorious in both.

:grouphug:

Gabe1980 03-28-2018 05:55 AM

Congratulations on day 3 Stewie. Have you thought about counselling to help you with processing some of this stuff? It has really helped me in the past

Dee74 03-28-2018 06:05 AM

I hope you have a good day and the chest pains lessen - if they don't or they worry you, best to see a Dr, mate.

D

Stew1984 03-28-2018 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Midwest1981 (Post 6840015)
great job on day 3! I hope the pain from the break up eases. Focus on your sobriety and you will be ready for that right person in time! :)

Thanks Midwest!!

Stew1984 03-28-2018 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by ilovedogs3801 (Post 6840023)
Hi Stew, glad to see your post, I too am on day 3 and I, too lay in bed last night having chest pains. Scared the heck out of me, but feel better this morning. I'm so ready to have all this poison out of my system, looking forward to hearing your progress! Every day for me is going to be a challenge, I'm taking it one day at a time. Good luck, sorry to hear about your relationship but there's something better out there for you!

Me and you do this together? We are both here on day 3. You wanna come with me?

Stew1984 03-28-2018 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by 2ndhandrose (Post 6840038)
Yay for day 3, Stewie :)

You can do this! You can do hard things! You can face your pain and come out the other side!

There will be good days and less good days, you can be victorious in both.

:grouphug:

Thanks so much :)

Stew1984 03-28-2018 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Gabe1980 (Post 6840046)
Congratulations on day 3 Stewie. Have you thought about counselling to help you with processing some of this stuff? It has really helped me in the past

Hi Gabe, I値l see how I go, I may well consider it, going to be patient with myself

Stew1984 03-28-2018 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 6840063)
I hope you have a good day and the chest pains lessen - if they don't or they worry you, best to see a Dr, mate.

D

Thanks D, physically things have eased. Feeling a bit better taking lots of water on and trying to eat better now.

Been to smart recovery meeting again today, got a boost up with that back again next week

I知 outing you booze- you値l not beat me, I知 going to beat you up and leave you crying

CreativeThinker 03-28-2018 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Stew1984 (Post 6839845)
Got pains in my chest got to get this girl out my head but now I知 not drinking I知 sure things will ease with time

Hey Stewy- Congrats on Day 3! So glad to see your positive attitude towards your sobriety. As you know...the further you get away from your last drink, the easier things become.

Have you thought about seeing a counselor to help let go of your last relationship? Just a thought...

Keep going buddy!
CT

REM700 03-28-2018 11:10 AM

Congrats on getting the ball rolling.

I had chest pains for about 2 weeks. Mostly at night. Thought I was about to have a heart attack, which queued anxiety and stress. Hit up the Dr. and the EKG showed normal.

If you are remotely concerned, see a doctor, at least to ease any worry that you might have. It scared the hell out of me.

SoberLeigh 03-28-2018 01:08 PM

So very good to see you on Day 3, Stewy! Well done, my friend.

Stay close. We care so much.

golfreggie 03-28-2018 01:58 PM

I think one thing I remembered and continue to remember when working with a newcomer, is this. What are you doing to treat your alcoholism? My point, you just can't just stop! Some psychic change would be necessary to treat alcoholism. So again, for newcomers especially, "What am I doing today to treat my alcoholism?" Quitting is easy, staying stopped, now that is the question. Blessings

SoberLeigh 03-28-2018 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by golfreggie (Post 6840594)
I think one thing I remembered and continue to remember when working with a newcomer, is this. What are you doing to treat your alcoholism? My point, you just can't just stop! Some psychic change would be necessary to treat alcoholism. So again, for newcomers especially, "What am I doing today to treat my alcoholism?" Quitting is easy, staying stopped, now that is the question. Blessings

This reminds of the saying:

"If we are not working on recovery, we are working on a relapse".

Hevyn 03-28-2018 02:16 PM

You sound so much better, Stew. :) Proud of you for reaching Day 3.

SoberLeigh 03-28-2018 02:26 PM

P.S. - it is great that you are going to SMART meetings, Stewy. would love to hear more about them.

Verdantia 03-28-2018 03:09 PM

Brilliant on 3 days, Stewy. I know it's rough now but you will start to feel better with every second you remain sober. I am really proud of you for putting down the bottle. Keep that fire burning. Rooting for you.

time2shineagain 03-28-2018 11:58 PM

Well done, Stewy. Keep going!