Notices

I think I have brain damage...Seriously.

Old 03-30-2018, 07:31 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by shortstop81 View Post
I'm a little over 90 days in, and I've had occasions where my brain has a "glitch." I've felt pretty sharp otherwise, but once in a while I'll lose words, codes, names - things that would normally be imprinted in my memory.

I know it's temporary and still early for me.
I'm just past 100 days and have the same issue. I find myself saying the wrong words for things, oddly enough!
Old 03-30-2018, 07:56 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PalmerSage View Post
I'm just past 100 days and have the same issue. I find myself saying the wrong words for things, oddly enough!
I'm dealing with some non alcohol related stuff(1+yr sober) and I just 'trail off' mid conversation.. I feel insane right now. It's brought back a lot of my 'mindset'/feeling when I joined here..insanity.
Old 03-30-2018, 11:21 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Yes, I can relate. Have been fretting that it feels like years of alcohol abuse has dumbed me down, compared to my younger days when my brain seemed to run at 100mph.

Funny, racing thoughts was a big excuse to drink for me. Now I fear I may have some cerebral damage. I too, like you, just hope it comes back with time (37 days sober here).
Old 03-31-2018, 02:30 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Oh I'm glad it's not just me.
Not that that makes it better for any of you!

I regularly find myself during conversation with the thaught in my head of the point I am going to put across, I continue on fine until i get right to the crux of it and there is where it happens, mysteriously the final bit has vanished from my mind. Leaving me with a panicked feeling of trying to blaa blaa the end whilst really trying hard not to say WHAT WAS I SAYING? whilst also waiting for the punch line to reappear.

HOPE THAT RINGS A BELL😂
Old 03-31-2018, 04:13 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by Dustitoffman View Post
Oh I'm glad it's not just me.
Not that that makes it better for any of you!

I regularly find myself during conversation with the thaught in my head of the point I am going to put across, I continue on fine until i get right to the crux of it and there is where it happens, mysteriously the final bit has vanished from my mind. Leaving me with a panicked feeling of trying to blaa blaa the end whilst really trying hard not to say WHAT WAS I SAYING? whilst also waiting for the punch line to reappear.

HOPE THAT RINGS A BELL😂
Oh, I know! And the people I'm speaking with just look at me waiting expectantly for my point.