Notices

Class of ________?

Old 03-28-2018, 05:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Class of ________?

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums, just found them yesterday and can't stop reading. I'm on day 3 (!) of no drinking, but I've gotten to days 3, 4, 5 in the past and have gone right back to it so I know I need accountability and to talk with others who understand what I'm going through. I keep seeing people who are members of the "Class of (February, March, etc.) 2018...can someone tell me what that means? Is there something you can join to help you through some steps?

I was literally putting away a bottle of wine and 6-8 beers every single night, going to work in the morning, coming home, exercising, and doing it all again. My blood pressure has skyrocketed, which is what has finally scared me in to realizing I need to quit making excuses and quit for good. Plus I know there is so much more I can be doing with my life than constantly thinking about when I can start drinking...I'm just not sure yet what those things are!!

I need all the support I can get and plan to do what I've seen so many people in these threads encourage, which is when the urge to drink hits (which typically is between 5 and 7 p.m. for me, if I can make it to 8 p.m. I'm usually ok), I'm going to get on these forums instead and read all the encouraging stories!
Old 03-28-2018, 05:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome, Ilovedogs! I am on day 28 and am a member of the Class of March 2018. You can check out our thread listed under the Newcomers to Recovery section where you just posted. We look forward to hearing more from you!
Old 03-28-2018, 05:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The class of March thread is for anyone who quit in March! It is nice to have support from people going through the same thing. Welcome to SR!! there is a lot of great information on here. great job on day 3!
Old 03-28-2018, 06:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

We have a long history of Monthly groups - although the idea is membership is determined by the month you quit tyou can join any Class and multiple class threads.

All are based simply on peer support

You'll find a lot of support and encouragement in the Class of March 2018 thread

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-two-12.html

D
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ml#post6840042
Old 03-28-2018, 10:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

I'm Class of May 2017.

Welcome to the Class of March 2018.

One day at a time, forward.

Stay in that class!
Old 03-29-2018, 04:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm a big believer in the class concept. I think being in a class was instrumental to my recovery.
Old 03-29-2018, 04:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Agree with OOTT - a "small group" concept (and I'm in the same Feb 2016 class) has been a great resource and way to get to know others better than in the general forums. It is also helpful for me to "spend time" with others who follow a different program than I do (AA).

Best to you!
Old 03-29-2018, 06:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I believe you can pick any Class and not fail. These are powerful people.