Notices

Day 2

Old 03-26-2018, 11:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2

I was right about the Saturday bender being the perfect catalyst to this effort.

I知 not going back over old ground. I知 doing this now. I want to be sober more than I want to drink.

Time to process the breakup and get into healing

Today I知 back at work, in a novel situation given I致e been hungover on most working days the last year so I need to go steady and stay calm

I値l post again later, I知 not going to scurry off for cans and then post to say how bad my life is when I知 drunk. Better to face it head on and I知 lifes terms

Going to stop looking my ex up online. It痴 just turning a knife in unnecessarily
Old 03-26-2018, 11:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

That all sounds good Stewy- new start, new behaviours

D
Old 03-27-2018, 04:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I just past 7 days, I was a mess. There's knowing the right thing to do, and doing the right thing. Good for you!
Old 03-27-2018, 04:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Midway through work so far so good. Got my water bottle with me. Booze just masked all this pain in the put of my stomach from the breakup. So I知 getting a significant helping of the pain now- best to feel it than block it out with filthy poison rotting my insides
Old 03-27-2018, 07:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stew1984 View Post
Midway through work so far so good. Got my water bottle with me. Booze just masked all this pain in the put of my stomach from the breakup. So I知 getting a significant helping of the pain now- best to feel it than block it out with filthy poison rotting my insides
I wouldn't even say it blocks the pain out. For me it merely 'paused' the pain. Glad you're feeling some better.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I didn't come this far to only come this far

Another day... fantastic! Hang in there. You can absolutely do this!
Old 03-27-2018, 09:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I知 going to do this. I知 into day 2. I知 taking the power back it痴 band practice tonight and no beers on the way home
Old 03-27-2018, 09:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I was right about the Saturday bender being the perfect catalyst to this effort.

I知 not going back over old ground. I知 doing this now. I want to be sober more than I want to drink.

Time to process the breakup and get into healing

Today I知 back at work, in a novel situation given I致e been hungover on most working days the last year so I need to go steady and stay calm

I値l post again later, I知 not going to scurry off for cans and then post to say how bad my life is when I知 drunk. Better to face it head on and I知 lifes terms

Going to stop looking my ex up online. It痴 just turning a knife in unnecessarily
What a fantastic post, Stewy.

Time to live your life and make it beautiful.

Onward, together.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It is okay to feel, Stewy. Sit with your feelings and emotions and breathe - practice deep breathing. You may even want to look into meditation.

This time will soon be behind you.

Stay close and keep talking with us when and as often as you need.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Stew. Just wanted to say congrats for getting back on the wagon and I知 pleased you致e had a sober day. I too am going through a really painful breakup - I致e been doing a lot of looking him up online etc to see what he痴 up to, as you mentioned you were doing, so you have my total sympathy. I drank yesterday after my four days sober but I知 refocusing now. Alcohol certainly doesn稚 make the pain of a breakup go away! It just amplifies it.

Hoping you have a good day tomorrow
Old 03-27-2018, 12:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Just at practice at the minute. Booze destroyed my relationship. I知 feeling like I知 missing my ex, someone please send me some posts from my old account mentioning when I was with my ex and remind me this is not worth drinking over
Old 03-27-2018, 01:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Just at practice at the minute. Booze destroyed my relationship. I知 feeling like I知 missing my ex, someone please send me some posts from my old account mentioning when I was with my ex and remind me this is not worth drinking over
It is not worth drinking over, Stewy, not worth one single drop.

There is a better and healthier relationship out there for you, Stewy. Sobriety and recovery will help you find it. I swear.
Old 03-27-2018, 01:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good on ya Stew!
Old 03-27-2018, 01:47 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Just at practice at the minute. Booze destroyed my relationship. I’m feeling like I’m missing my ex, someone please send me some posts from my old account mentioning when I was with my ex and remind me this is not worth drinking over
Can't send you the exact post(s),but it wasn't a healthy relationship. Even without the booze involved..I remember that because I related to it.

Edit: Not to mention..it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of your sobriety. Just know drinking at 'it' whatever 'it' is never solves anything. I was thinking this morning about the saying "Nothing a drink can't fix." How stupid is that? There's all sorts of ways to actually 'fix it' if you focus on it. Drinking removes the focus,thus temporarily removing(pausing) the problem. It doesn't fix sh*t!
Old 03-27-2018, 02:34 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

So happy to read of your new beginning & new attitude, Stewy.
Old 03-27-2018, 03:21 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

hint - NOTHING is worth drinking over. not our past, not our present, not our future.
Old 03-27-2018, 03:25 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

i would, but a couple parts of recovery are:
responsibility
accountability
action

you are quite capable of looking up your past posts,stewy. im not going to do for you what you can do for yourself.

now, go look them up,dude!
Old 03-27-2018, 03:26 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. I知 in bed sober. Another day closer to feeling better and further away from that misery.

Good night everyone
Old 03-27-2018, 03:30 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. I知 in bed sober. Another day closer to feeling better and further away from that misery.

Good night everyone
Well done, Stewy, well done.
Old 03-27-2018, 03:37 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good job, Stewy!