Notices

First Small Thought

Old 03-26-2018, 05:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First Small Thought

Well,
This morning, I started thinking about dinner out with friends, and how I would miss ordering a bottle of wine with them over dinner, which of course would mean I would order at least 3 side glasses of wine in addition to what I shared from the bottle. Thought about how I would be missing that and what fun it was. Didn't last long as I caught myself realizing what a stupid idea that is!

No urges yet, but I am positive they will come at some point, probably when in a social setting. At least the friends I would probably go to dinner with know my situation, so they won't be suggesting anything. And for now, my plan is to NOT go to any type of dinner where people who don't know are they only ones there - or the dinner will be at a fast food type restaurant where there is no alcohol, so no possible temptation.

Found it interesting how the AV is trying to play the card of remembering the good things, none of the bad.

Hope everyone had a good sober Monday!
Old 03-26-2018, 05:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Done4Ever,

I tend to do the same: avoid the places and people I used to drink at and around. But most of my drinking was done alone, and my battle with the AV is akin to a battle with existence itself.
Old 03-26-2018, 06:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you thought about a recovery action plan Done4Ever?
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...very-plan.html (What exactly is a recovery plan?)
D