Notices

I am finally, finally ready

Old 03-25-2018, 08:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am finally, finally ready

Hello everyone. I originally found this website back in 2010, when I knew I had a drinking problem, but it was one I thought I could eventually control. WELL, it's nearly 8 years later and alcohol has been my unfaltering companion since. I know now that I am addicted to alcohol. I have tried several times to stop, and hundreds of times to moderate, but here I am. FINALLY READY. FINALLY DONE.
Today is Day 2, and I am headed out to Yoga with my very best friend. When I get home I will log back in here to read, chat, and keep busy doing all of Sunday's chores. You all will replace the afternoon beers that usually accompany me.
More to come from me, just wanted to say hello and state my intentions.
Thank you,
Goldynkat
Old 03-25-2018, 09:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back! Took me a few years after I joined to accept that drinking just isn't working for me anymore in any amount. "1-2 drinks...what's the point?"..complete outta control drinking...what's the point?" I'm better off just having none.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome back! I discovered this site way back in Jan 2011. Was sober ten days or so then away again until March 2016. Been sober since. It’s never too late to quit. I hope to hear from you again!
Old 03-25-2018, 09:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad the time is right for you to do this. Congratulations on Day 2!
Old 03-25-2018, 10:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Earth Child

First of all well done on two days i agree with you keeping yourself busy can help
but not too busy that its tires you out try and get an balance i hope you can move forward with staying sober maybe go to AA it can help you so much i go to AA myself and over the last month or so its really stuck with me i love going to the meetings you time is now keep focusing on positive stuff you Can do this
Old 03-25-2018, 01:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Rar

Welcome back Goldynkat. I joined in 2014 and have had a couple of false stops myself. Like many, I tried unsuccessfully to moderate. Staying close to SR is helping me stay on the sober path. I'm sure it will help you as well.
Old 03-25-2018, 02:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

sobriety waited for ya!!! welcome back!
Old 03-25-2018, 02:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Great to have you with us, Goldy. We have to be ready - sounds like you finally are. It took me many years to realize I had no control - the only way to stay safe & sane was to stop all together. It helps so much to be here, with those who understand. You're going to do this!
Old 03-25-2018, 03:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the support guys! I'm having a productive Sunday, now thinking about what to do for dinner. And what to binge watch on Netflix! Does anyone recommend a good sobriety movie/documentary/tv show?