Notices

Feeling proud :)

Old 03-23-2018, 03:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling proud :)

I’ve just got back from GP appointment and it was so positive. The doctor I saw was excellent. He’s prescribed anti-nausea tablets and ordered me a blood test to check me over “a full MOT” he called it which I will do tonight before AA meeting. He did various checks and all ok from initial assessment. Very encouraging about AA. He also said it would increase my fertility eventually so there may be a chance of children in the future. Was so worried about saying those words “I’m an alcoholic” what a weight off to tell someone face to face I know I have a long road ahead but if you haven’t been to your GP yet and you need some encouragement I thought this might help happy Friday lovely people xx
Old 03-23-2018, 03:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's great Jotick. I felt similarly when I told my family doctor about my issues with alcohol. She was very supportive, firm but encouraging. It's so important for your doctor to know everything, so that they can support your health to the best of their ability. Hope you had a good meeting!
Old 03-23-2018, 04:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing that Jotick. You seem like you are extremely committed to beating this habit/addiction. Very inspiring
Old 03-23-2018, 04:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JayTee33 View Post
That's great Jotick. I felt similarly when I told my family doctor about my issues with alcohol. She was very supportive, firm but encouraging. It's so important for your doctor to know everything, so that they can support your health to the best of their ability. Hope you had a good meeting!
Thanks JayTee hope your having a good Friday
Old 03-23-2018, 04:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NoBones View Post
Thanks for sharing that Jotick. You seem like you are extremely committed to beating this habit/addiction. Very inspiring
Thanks NoBones. I really am and all of you on here have inspired me hope your having a good Friday
Old 03-23-2018, 04:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Cracking stuff jotic.
These are the actions of someone who is taking the right steps to take care of ones self.

Big step forward!
Old 03-23-2018, 05:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snowydelrico View Post
Cracking stuff jotic.
These are the actions of someone who is taking the right steps to take care of ones self.

Big step forward!
Thanks so much for your support Snowydelrico