Notices

Friday is here

Old 03-22-2018, 04:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Friday is here

Well it's Friday.

Habits and patterns dictate that I will probably want to get wasted today. It's morning and usually, I can feel the call, so to speak, by now.

But I am not feeling it...It is because I have some very important work that needs completing today. Work I can't put off for the three or four days I need when I get wasted.

This afternoon, or more likely, tomorrow will be the danger time for me. Because I like to drink when I feel good! When I have made some sort of progress in my goals, 'I deserve it'.

So I will be back here this afternoon and tomorrow...I hope.

I have decided to write this here to solidify in my head that I am committed to staying off that poison. I will check in again soon.

Thanks Friends
Old 03-22-2018, 04:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

We'll be here for support No Bones

D
Old 03-22-2018, 04:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

We'll see you later, Bones. Your plan is a good one.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello!

This is what I call “working your plan”! Good job for posting before you drink, way to make yourself accountable.

Flex those sober muscles!!!
Old 03-22-2018, 04:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I relish my sober Fridays and weekends 😊 best way to reward yourself for making progress is to be kind to yourself...not to poison yourself with alcohol. Wishing you well on your recovery journey 💜
Old 03-22-2018, 11:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm back.

Just a quick post to let you know that it's now Friday afternoon and all is well

I had a few thoughts of drinking. But quickly moved on so as not to dwell on the idea. The reason being is that I know that if I start to dwell on it, I will talk myself into believing that a few drinks are just fine.

I also stopped in here a couple of times during the day to keep me focussed. It really does help to read through other people's challenges and the replies given by the 'old timers'. Not that you guys are old haha, I just mean wise and experienced, in this struggle.

Now I have to start getting my head in the right frame for tomorrow. I have a lot of work to keep me busy, but unfortunately, work can easily be put off when the 'need' for drinking kicks in.

I will do the same as today. A post first thing in the morning to help set my mind. And then repeated visits throughout the day and evening to help keep me on track.

Ps: I think I will pop in a few more times this evening....just in case.

Thanks guys
Old 03-22-2018, 11:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NoBones View Post
I'm back.

Just a quick post to let you know that it's now Friday afternoon and all is well

I had a few thoughts of drinking. But quickly moved on so as not to dwell on the idea. The reason being is that I know that if I start to dwell on it, I will talk myself into believing that a few drinks are just fine.

I also stopped in here a couple of times during the day to keep me focussed. It really does help to read through other people's challenges and the replies given by the 'old timers'. Not that you guys are old haha, I just mean wise and experienced, in this struggle.

Now I have to start getting my head in the right frame for tomorrow. I have a lot of work to keep me busy, but unfortunately, work can easily be put off when the 'need' for drinking kicks in.

I will do the same as today. A post first thing in the morning to help set my mind. And then repeated visits throughout the day and evening to help keep me on track.

Ps: I think I will pop in a few more times this evening....just in case.

Thanks guys
Good luck to you Nobones! I’m new on here and this is Day 7 for me (the start of as I’m in Uk) but also Friday! Instead of party tonight I’m heading to first AA meeting eeek. We can do this
Old 03-22-2018, 11:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Fridays and the weekend are always tough, NoBones, but together we can do this! Enjoy your lovely, sober weekend.
Old 03-23-2018, 12:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jotick View Post
Instead of party tonight I’m heading to first AA meeting eeek. We can do this
Oh wow!

Your first AA meeting.

Good luck Jotick! Don't talk yourself out of it...it's extremely important you do this mate!

Good on you, and let me know how it goes please.

Thanks, we CAN do this.
Old 03-23-2018, 12:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks Shine!

Yes, I am looking forward to a SOBER and hopefully productive weekend.

What a change from the usual for me
Old 03-23-2018, 01:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Treat yourself to something, with the money you've saved by not drinking - it's always good to be able to look at something and feel like you've 'earned' it
Old 03-23-2018, 01:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

That first sober Friday night is a milestone NoBones - good for you

D