Notices

Day 4 so anxious

Old 03-22-2018, 06:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4 so anxious

I have read all the anxious posts and I kinda just wanted to say it aloud. I don’t want a drink, I just can’t believe how anxious I am. Worried about everything and am now wandering is that why I drink or is it because I drink? I have gone this long before but it hasn’t been with the intention to quit. I know it’s hard and is meant to be.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It’s very very common. I have been dealing with it pretty badly in the a.m. Exercise helps a lot.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Horn95 View Post
It’s very very common. I have been dealing with it pretty badly in the a.m. Exercise helps a lot.
Thank you Horn. I’m gonna go for a walk now-just got a call from a friend who is at magestic wines, and he asked what I would like, red or white???? I said red- but only because I didn’t want him to know that I am quitting, having it here won’t tempt me as my husband drinks and their is ample supply. The only thing is he can stop and I can’t! That is what I have to keep telling myself, there are loads of people who can have two drinks and stop not like myself.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
J50

I had bad anxiety for 4 to 6 weeks and feel great now.

Alcohol changes brain chemistry, and when you remove it things go a little haywire as your brain readjusts.

Keep in mind that you may feel worse for a little while, but you will feel better in the long run.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Rar

I had BAD anxiety. Still have it late afternoon and early evening at 71 days, but it's improving. I dreaded and hated the morning anxiety. It seemed there was no relief. However, about 2 weeks (or less) into not drinking, the morning anxiety went away. I would almost say it's completely gone, but sometimes I have a function or something I'm thinking about when I wake up and so it surfaces. But the morning anxiety is pretty much gone. Thanks God! Hang in there. I believe your morning anxiety will be alleviated in a few more days. Look for it!
Old 03-22-2018, 07:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I don't know...I'm four years sober and have morning anxiety some days. It's just the way I am, I guess.

Ready to go, though!
Old 03-22-2018, 07:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Anxiety is very common. I am a worrier without alcohol, 10 times worse with it.
When I get that anxious, I will just start writing down the things that pop in my head that I am anxious about. Read thru them, prioritize them, and then try to address each as best I can.
The irrational items, try to rationalize.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I know, I'm on day 3 and it's like my mind is saying "something's wrong", but doesn't know what! I assume it's the lack of dopamine, just have to wait it out I guess.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi, I too had terrible anxiety the first 6 months where awful in fact it got so bad I had to seek out professional help which helped tremendously for my recovercy. After 12 months it settled down and Now at almost 18 months sober it’s practically gone apart from the occasional flair up...

I Think we under estimate the damage we do to our brain and nervous system. It takes time to heal, but like people said to me it gets better the longer you stay sober, and it really does!!

Onwards.
Herc.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

In the early days I was the same. I was grateful & thankful to be getting free, but there were so many things I hadn't been concerned with when I was numb. I wanted to 'fix' everything at once when I got sober, & it just wasn't possible. After about a month I felt much better. Completely normal, Neena.
Old 03-22-2018, 03:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

how did the day turn out neena?

D
Old 03-23-2018, 02:12 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
how did the day turn out neena?

D
Hi D,

So hard, poured a glass had a sip than poured it out. Feel better today, that I was able to pour out! What a battle! How are you?
Old 03-23-2018, 03:49 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Finalround View Post
Anxiety is very common. I am a worrier without alcohol, 10 times worse with it.
When I get that anxious, I will just start writing down the things that pop in my head that I am anxious about. Read thru them, prioritize them, and then try to address each as best I can.
The irrational items, try to rationalize.
That’s very good advice.