Notices

Just when I thought I was safe

Old 03-22-2018, 06:39 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

So anyway, hopefully this won't be some big hassle. I even made an apt to kennel my kitty while we are away (usually I just leave him, he goes in and out and my ex feeds him) because I was having visions of him flattened under falling roofing material. Oh well, that can be canceled too. I hope they don't deny my shingle choice....its really nice and much better than what I have now.

I didn't mention that I got pissy with the lady at the office after the drive by. Yeah. After the call my daughter and I went to Walmart. Couldn't stop thinking about being less then nice. I wasn't awful but I was pissy and it wasn't called for. So I felt so badly. I came home immediately and sent her an email apologizing because she was gone for the day. But in all honesty it wasn't that humble an apology. It was really because I may 'need' her and I didn't want to alienate her. So now I feel guilty about the apology because it wasn't 100% sincere. Seriously? Have I learned nothing? So when I speak with her I'm going to be far more genuine, just own it and let the chips fall where they may. Ugh. I hate being all grown up.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:43 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Ya know Bimini I'm pretty sure this one is a paid job. Its a company that manages a whole bunch of sub divisions. Either way, it can't pay much. Ugh. I have to say one of the men (there were 2 men, 2 women....is that a thing? It felt like a thing) was pretty nice and seemed genuinely embarrassed about harassing me....he kept repeating 'just print it out, it'll be ok...' while miss be-otchy pants up front was being all stern. I felt like he was thinking 'get me and my nifty sweater, golf attire outta here. I'm thinking of asking this girl out'. Lol!
Old 03-22-2018, 06:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well, women and their control/competitiveness can set me off, too. It's all I can do to not react.

THAT is a thing.

Takes one to know one? I cringe at that saying, but it applies to me so well.
Old 03-22-2018, 12:52 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Frick, did you say that the next time you see this lady you're going to be more genuine in your inauthenticity? More sincere in your insincerity?
Old 03-23-2018, 06:47 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Well, women and their control/competitiveness can set me off, too. It's all I can do to not react.

Me too. And yes, its because I can be the same way. And yeah, I hate saying that too.

It was actually a man that was jumping out of the car and chasing me around. Ok that's not what happened. But it was a man. He was a little garden gnome. Put a little red hat on him and green shorts and I could have placed him in the back yard.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:51 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 View Post

Me too. And yes, its because I can be the same way. And yeah, I hate saying that too.

It was actually a man that was jumping out of the car and chasing me around. Ok that's not what happened. But it was a man. He was a little garden gnome. Put a little red hat on him and green shorts and I could have placed him in the back yard.
As long as it's in the back yard. That ish isn't allowed where proper people might see its adorable kitchiness.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:54 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by daredevil View Post
Frick, did you say that the next time you see this lady you're going to be more genuine in your inauthenticity? More sincere in your insincerity?
Haha! Exactly. The apology never came. Nor the humility. I finally got the 'sample board' after going to two roofing companies (my roofer is on vacation otherwise he would have done it) only to find an email saying 'no that won't work, it needs to be the premium line'...yadda yadda which could easily have been said to me the day before. And that would raise the price 1500.

Talked to the roofer, got a different brand that has the weight requirement they are looking for (they have yet to give me a list of approved suppliers or anything that clearly states all the 'requirements') and doesn't raise the price. So now apparently that works. They want me to resubmit new paperwork. And the contact is out of the office today.

So not going to happen. I'll send the permit. The work will start Monday whether they like it or not. Of course, its supposed to rain. WHATEVER!!!!!

I'm going to send them an anonymous Bag of Dicks for their gummy penis enjoyment. Haha. Google if ya haven't seen that one. And I know I won't do it. But it would be funny. Only if I could be there tho.

I am feeling better today tho. Baby Jesus, I'm gonna need ya ta take the wheel. Said in strong southern American accent.