Notices

On my way

Old 03-21-2018, 11:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

On my way

Hi everyone! Went for my assessment yesterday and picked up my Antabuse. My tools, support, and attitude is in place. I welcome the journey to be free of alcohol. Thanks for being here!
Old 03-21-2018, 11:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, Krews!

It sounds like you're ready to do this.
Old 03-22-2018, 12:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you Krews. I look forward to hearing about your progress

D
Old 03-23-2018, 12:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My husband and I quietly celebrated our 21 year anniversary today as the ole anabuse side effects put me down on the couch this evening. I am a little sensitive to it so just pay closer attention to my food labels. Chocolate did not sit well. Third day no alcohol and I really did not have any of those nagging cravings or thoughts. Started journaling today and spent an hour outdoors walking my dog. Good day.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That's awesome, Krews! It sounds like you're ready to embark on a new chapter of life, a better one!
Old 03-23-2018, 01:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Anniversary Krews - sorry you're not feeling great but it's fantastic you're doing the sober thing

D
Old 03-25-2018, 09:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Day 5 and I am sooooo tired! Anyone else who has taken antabus e that felt this way? That and the nausea. My head also feels like I have a vice attached to it. Off the couch though and getting things done. I have been treated for depression for years so that is a roller coaster ride as well. Trying to be kind and take my time. Thanks for listening!
Old 03-26-2018, 01:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

I took antabuse for the first three months. I recall sleeping a lot in the early days. I am not sure if that was the antabuse or just a consequence of withdrawal, and the exhaustion and malnutrition that I needed to recover from.

That was my seocnd time with anatabuse. A year earlier I took it for about three months and it kept me dry. But I didn't do anything - as in recognised solution to alcoholism - in that time, became progressively more miserable, and then got drunk.

Second time around it was antabuse as a back up to a full on effort in AA. As it turned out, I never had to face down a craving, but it would have bought me a couple of days if I had. On the other hand, my effort in AA brought me permanent recovery.
Old 03-26-2018, 02:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi krews I didn't take any drugs but I was still pretty wiped out. I think we can underestimate the toll our drinking take on our mind and body.

I hope you'll feel better in a few days

D
Old 03-26-2018, 04:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Krews- I was really tired for the first week and I was restless! It will get better! You are doing great.