Notices

Update

Old 03-20-2018, 11:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update

I’m now on my 4th day sober and feeling great. Facial swelling is coming down. I looked like me today. Heart rate has been up but nothing to be overly concerned with. This is the least I’ve had to drink in months. Planning on another 24 hrs sober. It’s nice to wake up without your head throbbing, stomach ready to explode and absolute fatigue due to horrible sleep.

Speaking of, I actually slept 10 hours yesterday and instead of getting irritated at how much of the day I wasted, I just looked at it as my body healing itself. I’m in a better place right now than I’ve been in a long time. Life seems to be regaining some meaning and I want to move forward sober!
Old 03-21-2018, 12:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 4! One hour, one day at a time. Yes the sleep is a great way for your body to heal. Remember to drink water, all day, rehydrate and flush the toxins out. I add lemon to mine it also helps with detoxing.

Have you checked out the March class? How about the 24 hour check in thread. So much support here and you are sounding so positive and on the right track!

Keep posting

Badge
Old 03-21-2018, 12:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 4 days , keep going
Old 03-21-2018, 01:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Keep it up , well done on 4 days .
Old 03-21-2018, 04:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keep going Scout. Day 6,7,8...feel even better.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yay Scout! Keep going!!!

Also: I know insomnia is the problem for some people in early days but I was the opposite and slept a TON. Up to 13 hours a day on a few days in the first week. I think I had a massive sleep deprivation bank from normally getting rubbish alcohol-ridden sleep. And I was also coping with the anxiety and working through emotional issues (my brain gave me intense dreams; dreams as we now believe being the refiling of information into long-term memory in a more useful format).

You know at some points during sleep your brain is more active than when you are awake? Your brain does all sorts of complicated things during sleep (emotional and physical) so I would see it as you/ your body doing work, not wasting time. Soak up as much as you can. Once your brain has enough, it will demand less.

Congrats on another day! Big smile here for you! X
Old 03-21-2018, 06:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Finalround View Post
Keep going Scout. Day 6,7,8...feel even better.
True dat!!
Congrats!
Old 03-21-2018, 07:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Nice work Scout.

Sleep is one of the gifts of sobriety for me. To think I abused my sleep for so long - it's such an important part of life and health etc. Feels great to be valuing it again.

Stay strong.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I’m on Day 3. I am literally right behind you!!
Old 03-21-2018, 07:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Glad to hear things are going so well, Scout!
Old 03-22-2018, 12:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

how's it going Scout?

D
Old 03-22-2018, 02:37 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Samantha

Sleep is so important to sobriety! I actually attended an AA meeting where that is what we discussed.
I sleep about 12 hours a night when I’m sober. This is partially from depression.
I have anxiety too but I take a melatonin to try to relax and then most nights I can sleep.
I also walk/run 4 times a week and usually walk with my boyfriend the other nights so that I’m tired at the end of the day. This helps a lot.
Enjoy as peaceful sleep is one of the best things in sobriety- also waking up sober is amazing.