Notices

what's with doctors?

Old 03-20-2018, 03:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

what's with doctors?

Had an initial intake with a new doctor. Went through the usual family history. Seemed to have a hard time understanding why I live alone and have little contact with my family although I explained to him in detail why things are the way they are. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had problems staying connected with family. Some families are just not close for a variety of reasons.
Reminded me when I ended up in the ER due to a bad burn. Doctor wanted to give my morphine because of the pain when they were cleaning it. But I would need someone to come and take me home. Had nobody. She really had a hard time with this.
Needed to get a colonospicty (sp), but needed to have someone take me to the hospital and stay with me. Had nobody to do that.
It's not uncommon for older people to live alone and have no friends or relatives around so I don't get it. Relatives and friends die. That's just life.
You'd think doctors would understand this. John
Old 03-20-2018, 04:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don’t waste your time with doctors that aren’t compassionate, aren’t willing to take the time to know you and don’t have much experience in what you need treated.

It can be frustrating, but keep working at finding another one.
Old 03-20-2018, 06:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree with dirk41. Get another doctor. I wish I had sued my mom's doctor. She was just awful, condescending and mean. Don't waste your time and health with someone like that. I know lots of people who live alone and have taken cabs home. It's not ideal but it can be done.