SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Back to trying again (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/425228-back-trying-again.html)

Mummyto2 03-20-2018 02:13 PM

Back to trying again

Feel rubbish, hopefully it won't last to long, can't believe I drank after feeling so great

DarklingSong 03-20-2018 02:19 PM

Great to see you back. I know how awful it feels to drink again.....but these feeling won't last.
Best wishes.

Hawkeye13 03-20-2018 02:22 PM

You're back, and that's the important thing.

One thing often suggested around here is to review what happened in terms of your sober plan when you had you relapse, and to "shore up" the weak points
with a new strategy in case the same trigger happens again.

Example: You go to the beach which makes you want a beer, and you have one
that starts the relapse.

Revised plan: Pack a picnic lunch including refreshing NA drink like tea or sparkling water next time you go to the beach, and take your phone with you to post to SR in case you feel a craving coming on.

Alternate plan: Don't go to the beach for awhile until you are stronger in sobriety.

Every time you "improve" your sobriety strategy, you get more bulletproof for relapse. But caution is always our watchword around booze.

Glad to see you back Mummy!

Hevyn 03-20-2018 02:40 PM

You'll get back to feeling great again, Mummy. You learned something from this - I'm so glad you didn't give up. :)

Thumbelina 03-20-2018 03:15 PM

Good to have you back Mummy ☺

Anna 03-20-2018 03:31 PM

Welcome back, Mummy!

You can do this and get back to feeling good! Take some time to revise your recovery plan so you don't have to go through this again. Is there something you can add to prevent that?

FreedomCA 03-20-2018 03:42 PM

Getting sober is difficult. Life throws us curve balls, and we want the immediate checkout from reality. But coping by drinking is a dangerous tool. Keep trying until it sticks. That’s really all you can do.

lessgravity 03-20-2018 04:07 PM

Talk to us Mums.

How did you pick up again?

What are you going to do not to pick up this time?

Welcome back, I'm glad you're here.

Mummyto2 03-21-2018 02:21 AM

Thanks, such a quick decision to pick up, it's scary how it grabs you back into its clutches, even though I feel low etc got to beat this, fed up of going round in circles

Arpeggioh 03-21-2018 03:01 AM

All of my relapses started with a single thought: "I could..." It wasn't even that I wanted to; just the idea that I could go to the store, etc...I would let that thought instantly turn into "I'm going to..." and it was over with, I was gone.

Today, "I could" is a huge flashing neon danger sign in my mind. The only right response today is "No, you can't." Debate closed. Next order of business.

Happy to see you back and fighting!

Nonsensical 03-21-2018 03:08 AM

All of us against the addiction.
Glad to have you back in the fight. :You_Rock_

:ring