Notices

Need advice bad

Old 03-20-2018, 01:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need advice bad

My 64 yr old sister Patty is an alcoholic she is in denial. My other 72 yr old sister Sandy is going thru a divorce. Patty has had anger and drinking issues all her life. Always the Black Sheep of the family. She seems very jealous of Sandy and me Loiu the brother 60 yr old. Now my mother has lived with Patty for years and Patty got divorced and Mom Moved in with Sandy. 2 Years ago at 90 Mom got Phonmonia so after some rehab she moved back in with Patty and her man because theyu had a single story home. When Patty went thru her divorce we all stood by her and she did some bad stuff. Left her kids with mom and took off to Florida to move in with her alcoholic ex Brother in Law and we all stood behind her. She has gotten violent with me and I didnt speak to her for 2 years. Now Sandy goes away for a couple of days to calm down she tells mom she is going but not Patty because Patty still talks to her ex husband and Sandys lawyer said to not let him know what she is doing.When Sandy got back she went to see mom and Patty to talk about the trip and how it made her feel better. That is when Patty went crazy she grabbed Sandy by the hair thru her out of the house hitting her calling her all kinds of things Mom tries to stop her and Patty turns and hits Mom she is 92. Mom is now with me in Fla.she wants to go back home in R I. But I am affraid to let her go back to Pattys I cant trust she wont hit her again, what should I do.
Old 03-20-2018, 02:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Call the police. Call a lawyer.
Old 03-20-2018, 02:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MyLittleHorsie View Post
Call the police. Call a lawyer.
Any advice any of us try to give would be meaningless, you need real help from real professionals as already mentioned. Good luck
Old 03-20-2018, 06:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'd be calling the police and a lawyer too.

I'm sympathetic to the fact your mom wants to move back to RI but I'd never let her be in the care of someone who beat her, not for a minute.

Once is one time too many.

D